Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not pointless at all as the point was any player can struggle in a first season regardless of how good they were. They more than doubled their money on Torres.  If they had the chance to do that with Jack after the first season I’m sure they would have!

The point is Jack gives you so much more than what Torres does even if he scores more.

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

@Kiwivillan i generally like your posts and appreciate your views which are sometimes contrarian (to mine), but I don’t get this?

Any transfer, irrespective of reputation, can fail. I assume the concern is risk vs cost when considering our budget? But surely he has enough pedigree and talent (was highly regarded and a surprise when bought by City, and showed enough at a young age already), but most of all is valued by Emery which on its own is enough for me. The management will have weighed everything up before pushing to negotiate?

*PS, I am sure I remember you from the old official Villa forum years ago?

I've only been on here and Vital Villa the latter was first but barely comment on now but still have tab open. 

Torres just a eye test thing at City and only remember as flat track bully and checking his scoring today that shows to be true. So then I looked at goals and assists since left City and not impressed

2 hours ago, picicata said:

If we did sign him I would back Emery to get the best from him long term but I don't think his signing would particularly excite in the immediate 

It would certainly be a good way to kick off the summer transfer business as a starting point that's for sure.

Only a season or two ago we wouldn't even be having these links or even dream of thinking of signing this type of player.

How far we have come as a club in such a short space of time is phenomenal and long may it continue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The point is Jack gives you so much more than what Torres does even if he scores more.

I only mentioned Jack as I was talking about first seasons at City. He was shit with numbers and contribution. It can take players time to settle.

Anyway let’s leave Jack out of this now. Hope we sign Torres :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've only been on here and Vital Villa the latter was first but barely comment on now but still have tab open. 

Torres just a eye test thing at City and only remember as flat track bully and checking his scoring today that shows to be true. So then I looked at goals and assists since left City and not impressed

Agreed. We should just sign Mbappe and cut out the middle men

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ridiculous response tbh. If he doesn't rate Torres, that's fair enough.

Well if he doesn’t rate him as in 'not good enough for Villa' he is wrong.

Must be the same guy who wanted us to sign Benzema and Isco under Lambert.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well if he doesn’t rate him as in 'not good enough for Villa' he is wrong.

Must be the same guy who wanted us to sign Benzema and Isco under Lambert.

He's not wrong, until he's done it for us. Either way he's allowed his viewpoint on what he's done to date.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I think it's a case of not really having a clue about something but still wanting to express an opinion.

Torres, aged 19/20, played 2633 minutes of football for Man City. In that time, he scored 16 goals and got 4 assists. So that's a goal/assist every 1.46 games. And more than 2000 of those minutes were in the premier league and champions league.

For Spain, one of the best national teams in the world, he's scored 15 in 35 with 2 assists, across 2237 minutes - weirdly, also a goal or assists every 1.46 games.

For Barca, in fits and starts as he only started 18 games, he has 7 goals and 2 assists in 1761 minutes, working out at a contribution every 2.17 games.

Now in what **** world is that average or not good enough? 

Honestly, if other people read this site they'd be pissing themselves laughing at this level of nonsense. 

Some people are under the impression if a player has already had a stint in England and left they’ve failed. Which obviously isn’t the case in most cases.

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Some people are under the impression if a player has already had a stint in England and left they’ve failed. Which obviously isn’t the case in most cases.

Mo Salah, for example.

• Like 1

I genuinely believe if were about to sign Mbappe, right now there'd be dissenting voices saying that he's not good enough, inconsistent, needs umpteen chances to score....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I genuinely believe if were about to sign Mbappe, right now there'd be dissenting voices saying that he's not good enough, inconsistent, needs umpteen chances to score....

He doesnt have that all important Premier League experience  :P 

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

You genuinely believe that?

• Like 1

I don't wanna comment on Torres as I've not seen enough of him.

As @Keyblade (I think) said, I remember him not being too exciting but pretty efficient.

Anyway, we can all rest assured that with Emery in charge, every signing will have a solid plan behind it.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Â