Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

I'm all for the signing and think he will make a valuable contribution to our team without a doubt. We need to keep it in perspective and not lose our heads if we make the singing though, its a good one but we need to supplement it too. Wherever he has been he has scored goals which bodes well, i think he wanted to go back to spain when he was at man city due to homesickness iirc? So hopefully he is prepared to move to england and commit to us, otherwise we should skip the signing.

Can't see it again but maybe I'm just imagining too small? Similar to Asensio - to go from Barcelona to Villa and then for that player to buy in to the culture of hard work and sacrifice that Unai is trying to instill just doesn't seem like something that would work.

He doesn't seem to be seeing a lot of the pitch on fbref for Barca though. Maybe wants to be more of a regular starter?

I think it'll help us already having a goal scoring striker in the first 11 so it will take the pressure off Torres if he is playing as the second striker. Watkins and Torres could be a deadly partnership if they hit it off. 

I completely trust Emery's judgement in whatever we do this summer anyway. 

• Like 1

I expect he’d be a massive improvement Bailey and Traore, and he’s played in this league/country before so knows what to expect. I trust Emery to get the best out of players that he’s identified, so I’m all for it should we be able to get him in. 

Almany will start the bidding at €150 too, so we should end up with a bargain. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This would be an incredible signing. Can’t see it personally. 

Barca desperately need to get rid of players to raise funds so they can sign new ones they can't afford instead of paying off their debts. Torres is doubtless among the ones they are open to flogging. 

Alemany knows him from both Barca and Valencia and Torres likely watched Emerys Valencia side as a kid growing up outside Valencia. Not sure if that's enough to make us interesting but don't think it's impossible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Wait. Is Almany negotiating with Almany for this?

You'd think that was illegal but it's football so who knows.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm all for the signing and think he will make a valuable contribution to our team without a doubt. We need to keep it in perspective and not lose our heads if we make the singing though, its a good one but we need to supplement it too. Wherever he has been he has scored goals which bodes well, i think he wanted to go back to spain when he was at man city due to homesickness iirc? So hopefully he is prepared to move to england and commit to us, otherwise we should skip the signing.

It looks like we have a good spirit within the club and that several of the players get on really well.  I suspect that it would be much easier for him to settle here than at a club with a lot of egos.  Also plenty of people who speak Spanish as their first language who can help with any issues that come up.  Plus he is a couple of years older and so probably better able to cope with life away from his usual support network. 

• Like 2

Why not? Mid 20s, excellent top level experience for club and country and already played in premier league so adaption won't be a big issue.

From memory he did alright at Man. City but they had more options in final third than even now with Aguero, Sterling and Gabi Jesus all there when he was at the club so he was more rotation like Julian Alvarez currently is in their squad.

Not made huge impact at Barca so with their state they'll be desperate for a 35-40m bid.

He can play at false 9 or just off CF so certainly would be exciting signing and give us more flexibility in final third.

Edited by VillaChris

Â