Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

31 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

There are still tickets left for Tomorrow night.

I too get extra tickets after members and before general sale.

If there was such a demand then surely members would snap up the 10k tickets for each game?

One off games are different than wanting a ST though. I know quite a few people on the waiting list for them 

I’ve gone from 7365 to 7349. They might be inflated lists but I don’t see me getting a ST for  a few years price rises or not. To be fair I have a membership and manage to go to all the games I want to which is about 90% of the home games. Will be harder when they reduce the capacity for the building works though.

On 23/04/2023 at 10:17, John said:

I was thinking something in line with inflation, I suppose it could be worse, but I feel so sorry for Villa fans of all ages, that will struggle to find the money to support the club that they love, at a time when everything else is going up as well. The PL and Sky have played their part in making watching football, a rich man's hobby, the trouble is they can take it or leave it, as the empty seats in the corporate area of the Trinity showed so clearly when we were in the Championship. 

Eric Cantona quote: The real fans of football come from the working class... image.jpeg.44b36d32eeefe327781d2b8d6eb588f8.jpeg 

I agree John, but.............

one-mans-wage-increase-is-another-mans-price-increase-quote-1.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Last year I was emailed to tell me I was at the top of the queue and could buy a ticket, and I had 3 days to do so. I didn't bother, and have just had an email about my position in the queue, I'm still in the top few hundred. Doesn't look like they bother taking people out of the queue if they don't take their chance to buy a ticket, so who knows how many are still on that list that have not only changed their mind but have actually already had the chance and declined.

That’s really annoying of the club actually. Doesn’t seem particularly fair.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sure I'm early access having a season ticket but this 10k extra people dying to get a season ticket...doesn't exist

Have you this said out of frustration or do you actually believe this to be the case?

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That’s really annoying of the club actually. Doesn’t seem particularly fair.

Indeed. I'll keep people posted on if I'm actually still at the top of the list and get another chance this summer, haven't seen if that happens yet but the email suggests it will.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Like alot of people instead of going every week you could probably go half the times. I think the increase is abit steep but its also unrealistic to think we would keep prices the same or be a slight increase.  This is the sad situation of being successful and being such massive demand

But given the ST rises, the match by match prices next year are going to be high. The cheapest tickets will now be close to £40 per game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. I'll keep people posted on if I'm actually still at the top of the list and get another chance this summer, haven't seen if that happens yet but the email suggests it will.

That explains why I am still in position 23500 then. 

From what I recall, we have been one of the clubs that are in a lower band in terms of ticket prices to games and season tickets for a number of years now?

Success isn't cheap, nor are upgrades to facilities, the stadium or quality players to the first team.
So it was inevitable there would be a bit of a rise somewhere down the line.

That being said, I bet we're still nowhere near the price brackets of Man City, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea etc. I could be wrong.

The subject is a delicate one with the current cost of living saga and all that, but us fans also have to also realise, we have been wanting to see Villa rise and return to the position we are heading in now for a long time.

The owners have gone above and beyond for what they have done for this club since they walked through the door and taken the wheel.

The climb we have witnessed over the last few years has been remarkable. We now have a world class manager too.

As someone else has stated already, price rises go hand in hand with success unfortunately.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

From what I recall, we have been one of the clubs that are in a lower band in terms of ticket prices to games and season tickets for a number of years now?

Success isn't cheap, nor are upgrades to facilities, the stadium or quality players to the first team.
So it was inevitable there would be a bit of a rise somewhere down the line.

That being said, I bet we're still nowhere near the price brackets of Man City, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea etc. I could be wrong.

The subject is a delicate one with the current cost of living saga and all that, but us fans also have to also realise, we have been wanting to see Villa rise and return to the position we are heading in now for a long time.

The owners have gone above and beyond for what they have done for this club since they walked through the door and taken the wheel.

The climb we have witnessed over the last few years has been remarkable. We now have a world class manager too.

As someone else has stated already, price rises go hand in hand with success unfortunately.

My season ticket has increased substantially 2 years running. I've not seen so much as a lick of paint in my stand. Toilets still broken. Taps don't turn off. Still can't actually get served.

So what am I paying for? To stare at a nice stand?

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

My season ticket has increased substantially 2 years running. I've not seen so much as a lick of paint in my stand. Toilets still broken. Taps don't turn off. Still can't actually get served.

To watch the game?

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

But given the ST rises, the match by match prices next year are going to be high. The cheapest tickets will now be close to £40 per game.

I think £40 a game isnt too bad considering i think when your looking £50+ thats when it starts getting ridiculous 

If fan attendances drop then they will lower prices

With these prices increases im expecting a big summer budget for emery

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Depends where you sit?

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve gone from 7365 to 7349. They might be inflated lists but I don’t see me getting a ST for  a few years price rises or not. To be fair I have a membership and manage to go to all the games I want to which is about 90% of the home games. Will be harder when they reduce the capacity for the building works though.

I’m 7422 now and I was 7439 last year… 

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Last year I was emailed to tell me I was at the top of the queue and could buy a ticket, and I had 3 days to do so. I didn't bother, and have just had an email about my position in the queue, I'm still in the top few hundred. Doesn't look like they bother taking people out of the queue if they don't take their chance to buy a ticket, so who knows how many are still on that list that have not only changed their mind but have actually already had the chance and declined.

If you decline, then you are taken off the waiting list. 

If you don't respond or say that you don't want it right now, they offer you 1 chance to stay on the waiting list and get offered again next year. If you still don't want to take up the offer at that point, you are taken off the waiting list.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If you decline, then you are taken off the waiting list. 

If you don't respond or say that you don't want it right now, they offer you 1 chance to stay on the waiting list and get offered again next year. If you still don't want to take up the offer at that point, you are taken off the waiting list.

Seems a fairish way of doing it. Although I'd boot non responders out too.

Reckon we'll see numbers drop a fair bit more this season

with the price hike that happened last season, I can see why some on the waiting list might have reconsidered at the time given the uncertainty in the job market. They'd been on the waiting list for years, knowing we offer real good value, then they get to the front and its no longer good value, and Steven Gerrard is the manager. I'd have played the rain check card in that situation, knowing I'll be at the front of the queue next year and have a year to reprioritse my finances and check its still affordable.

I'd be taking it up this season (despite the further increase and removal of cup games), but only because I feel next season has a real chance of being once in a lifetime kind of territory for us.

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd be taking it up this season (despite the further increase and removal of cup games), but only because I feel next season has a real chance of being once in a lifetime kind of territory for us.

If i got offered it this summer (which i won't), then i would also take up the 4 season tickets i am waiting for, even though the cost feels too expensive. Mainly because i think i'll spend that much just buying individual tickets as they will be £50-60 a ticket, so probably 11 games would cover a season ticket.

• Like 1

Â