Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Shame?

It's a really poor decision I think from the club to not show the prices - it smacks of having something to hide and it makes people very nervous about starting a renewal process that they don't know the cost of.

Don't worry, you can bail out of the renewal process and start it again at any time, so you don't have to commit to payment to get a price, but you do have to work through some screens to get to that point.

The 15% rise is sort of, maybe, okay-ish - the changes to T2, T3 and T4 in the North Stand are poor, the changes to the middle Trinity and the introduction of 1888 seats are a secret worthy of North Korea and the price of the bolt on GA+ in the Upper Holte is horrifying.

Not a great day for the way the club communicates - which is a pity. This could have been done a lot better I think.

What's changed in the middle trinity?

Also there will presumably be an opportunity to relocate seats at some point? Cant see the date for that listed anywhere.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Also there will presumably be an opportunity to relocate seats at some point? Cant see the date for that listed anywhere.

• There will then be a relocation window for season ticket holders to move seats, via telephone only, commencing at 10am on Wednesday, June 7 for fans impacted by Rail Seating and 10am on Monday, June 12 until 5pm on Wednesday, June 14 for all other 2023/24 season ticket holders.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/24/aston-villa-season-tickets-2023-24/

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

They added leather to the seats and you get a scarf 🤷

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The Club have also reviewed Blocks B3, B4 and B5 due to their proximity to hospitality with some of the best views within the stadium. Seats within these blocks will be upgraded to an ‘1888 seat’ which, for an increased price, includes a padded seat and club tie/scarf.

I have a feeling that is going to be one very expensive tie.

• Like 1

Just now, lainux said:

They added leather to the seats and you get a scarf 🤷

I'm pretty sure those seats have always been padded. I've sat in B4 at under 21 games and B4 has definitely always been padded.

It sounds like they're saying - these seats are nice, we're going to charge you an extra couple of hundred quid for that - have a tie.

If anyone sits in those areas and can tell us how much they're going up by, I'd be grateful (PM me if you'd rather not say here).

It seems a short window for renewals, as by the 31st of May the actual season will still have not finished with the cup final on the 3rd of June. Remember the good old days when that would have been the early bird window? I presume we will get nothing again with your card, perhaps a badge at best.

Re GA+ in the Holte. I think they quote a 3,000-odd response which is less than a 30% response given the stand holds 13,500. The survey was also very vague- I don't remember an option of removing existing concourse space and then charging you to use it. Still waiting for my drinks voucher Villa.

Re the North Stand. It is quite frankly utter bollocks charging the same price for central seats to the Holte. The stand is 45 years old and it shows. That is why it is due to be demolished. The entire reasoning must be to move any of the old timers in that stand elsewhere to get ready for the new north stand which will charge premium prices.

I know we have been spoilt on the prices in the past but this is another big hike with the justification of everyone else doing it and we have a waiting list so pay up or jog on.

• Like 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm pretty sure those seats have always been padded. I've sat in B4 at under 21 games and B4 has definitely always been padded.

It sounds like they're saying - these seats are nice, we're going to charge you an extra couple of hundred quid for that - have a tie.

If anyone sits in those areas and can tell us how much they're going up by, I'd be grateful (PM me if you'd rather not say here).

And it'll be a few year until there's crappy padded seats across the whole stand which they can use to justify another outrageous increase.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The most annoying thing about all this is definitely the morons who say things like "Oh you want Champions League football, pay more for a ticket". Imbeciles.

This is a drop in the ocean. It kills normal fans but is a drop in the ocean for a PL football club that has billionaire owners and guaranteed £120m a year coming in.

Hate to think how much they’re going to charge for potential European matches. On the renewal page there is an option to auto-enrol on to the cup scheme but there’s no pricing information there.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's pretty ruthless all this when you piece it all together. But it is this combination of high demand and the sentimentality of supporters and football clubs.

If heinz tomato ketchup goes up to £4 you can get Aldis own for half the price and it might not taste quite as good. Whats the alternative to Villa ST costs going up, a Blues or Walsall season ticket?

• Like 1

I'm starting to support Sainsbury's instead. The prices are outrageous, but if you want to compete with the Waitroses of this world you need to pay a fair price. Best own brand ketchup, you'll never sing that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's pretty ruthless all this when you piece it all together. But it is this combination of high demand and the sentimentality of supporters and football clubs.

If heinz tomato ketchup goes up to £4 you can get Aldis own for half the price and it might not taste quite as good. Whats the alternative to Villa ST costs going up, a Blues or Walsall season ticket?

Cricket I suppose because if I want to attend sporting events with my son in the future I guess it won't be at Villa Park.

29 minutes ago, WHY said:

31,000 apparently on the waiting list but there are tickets available for tomorrow, something don’t add up!

In fairness, there are only six available tomorrow, and those have probably been returned this afternoon.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WHY said:

31,000 apparently on the waiting list but there are tickets available for tomorrow, something don’t add up!

Any remaining season tickets will then be made available to those fans on the waiting list, currently over 33,000. 

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, there are only six available tomorrow, and those have probably been returned this afternoon.

My current season tickets are up for sale for tomorrow as the M6 is closed in Lancashire and I can’t get there without a significant diversion.

Â