Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Supply and demand... While there's a 20k plus ST waiting list, demand is exceeding supply and prices will go up. 

They saw the effect of a huge rise last year, that meant only about 1.5k didn't renew. They'll expect a similar result this season.

Those that had a lower rise last year won't mind as they've seen other areas hike much more than their own, while those that already tolerated a 40% rise will be expected to be fine with a mere 15% more. 

Season tickets will sell out. The waiting list will shrink. Whatever it ends up as will drive the price next year. 

I would imagine prices will be frozen the following season but another rise increase when the new stand opens 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What do you mean successful Dem. We've not had success. We've been playing well for half a season, hardly what you'd call successful yet or worth driving ST's prices up on fans. 

this seasons been a success i as you have acknowleged .(i assume you mean whole period since we got promoted)

The first season aim was to stay up done that. Second we bettered the 17th finish then it was  the gerrrad appointment which was a **** up but other than that i think we have done very well since coming up. Like i said 15% is very steep. I think 10% tops should have been done.

Like everything people that can afford it woll have to manage their finances (e.g not get food at every game for example)

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I would imagine prices will be frozen the following season but another rise increase when the new stand opens 

I thought they would be this season given the hike last year.  The CPI inflation figure is largely irrelevant in the world of football, so I certainly wasn't expecting a greater than inflation increase across the board. 

Wouldn't expect them to hold prices next year now, especially if we get European football next season and maintain it the year after.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

this seasons been a success i as you have acknowleged .(i assume you mean whole period since we got promoted)

The first season aim was to stay up done that. Second we bettered the 17th finish then it was  the gerrrad appointment which was a **** up but other than that i think we have done very well since coming up. Like i said 15% is very steep. I think 10% tops should have been done.

Like everything people that can afford it woll have to manage their finances (e.g not get food at every game for example)

Our views of success are completely different. I dont see 17th, 11th and 14th as successful. Acceptable, not successful. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Many people have not just their own tickets to fork out for, but kids, teenagers etc. Wages aren't going up in many occupations yet everything else is so it's not about destitution but the club being unreasonable in the current climate. The idea people who had season tickets for years can continually deal with increases year after year at the percentage they've been rising is ridiculous. A 45% increase on my ST over 2 seasons is taking the piss end, of regardless of whether I can afford it or not. 

and that narrative i completely agree with. This is a tough increase, particularly after last seasons increases. and we should debate whether its fair. I just dont think its right to draw parallels with destitution as some people have. This is a tough increase, but its an increase forced on people already choosing to spend probably thousands of pounds following a football team.

For the record, i have an ST with my son, pay for both and i dont like it either.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Like alot of people instead of going every week you could probably go half the times. I think the increase is abit steep but its also unrealistic to think we would keep prices the same or be a slight increase.  This is the sad situation of being successful and being such massive demand

i think the club could offer better options here. The ticket resell isnt great as it means having to wait for the whole ground to sell first. Offering seasons tickets for groups of games could work, finding a way for fans to share season tickets formally would be another option.

Ive probably passed on my tickets 3-4 times this season to friends and family, fortunately the lack of available seats in the Holte makes it very easy to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

and that narrative i completely agree with. This is a tough increase, particularly after last seasons increases. and we should debate whether its fair. I just dont think its right to draw parallels with destitution as some people have. This is a tough increase, but its an increase forced on people already choosing to spend probably thousands of pounds following a football team.

For the record, i have an ST with my son, pay for both and i dont like it either.

That doesn't make it right but I see your point and we find common ground.

It still stinks imo. Take my increase....45% or there about. A 10% increase each season for 4 years is far more acceptable and reasonable than a rapid increase over 2 seasons when bills are going through the roof. It's just about being sensible and not taking the piss.  

13 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i think the club could offer better options here. The ticket resell isnt great as it means having to wait for the whole ground to sell first. Offering seasons tickets for groups of games could work, finding a way for fans to share season tickets formally would be another option.

Ive probably passed on my tickets 3-4 times this season to friends and family, fortunately the lack of available seats in the Holte makes it very easy to do.

I do similar. Games I can't make get taken up by family or friends who don't have tickets. I would rather give my ticket to someone than give it back to the club for less than I paid to then sell on at full price to someone else.

Edited by avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I do similar. Games I can't make get taken up by family or friends who don't have tickets. I would rather give my ticket to someone than give it back to the club for less than I paid to then sell on at full price to someone else.

Every time ive gone to use the resell, it just hasnt worked for me. I also need to ring separately for my sons ticket as you cant do it online. They really need to improve the online offering.

im really tempted to consider joining a supporters club, just to make the swapping around of tickets easier.

A friend of mine is in a spurs one (god knows why). Someone on the bus co-ordinates the resell of tickets, all prices are agreed at the start of the year regardless of game (i think its a flat £50). Tickets get collected in a re-distributed. 

I worry that if we do make Europe, ill barely be able to make half the games, ive justified that in the past because of the low price. It would probably make me really consider keeping my ST.

Position 11,761 on the ST waiting list, i’ve moved all of 18 places since September 2022.  Will be interesting to see my position post season ticket renewals for next season given the 15% increase.

6 minutes ago, Buffs said:

Position 11,761 on the ST waiting list, i’ve moved all of 18 places since September 2022.  Will be interesting to see my position post season ticket renewals for next season given the 15% increase.

I am in 8378 , Sept 22 it was 8395

Whilst I understand the price hikes are concering and pricing some fans out of the game, I think it's normal that when demand is higher than supply then prices will rise regardless of the market.

I've supported Villa for 46 years and been to 100's of games but I've never been in a position to have a season ticket due to work & family commitments meaning my weekends were often tied up. I no longer work weekends and the kids are grown up so it's on my bucket list to go to every home game for a season at least once in my life. 

I'd happily pay the £600-£800 prices and probably more as it would be worth it to me and I have enough put away from my 2nd job to cover it. From the outside looking in it's still good value. I suspect a lot on the waiting list would feel the same. 

The waiting list numbers are certainly inflated.

Last year I was emailed to tell me I was at the top of the queue and could buy a ticket, and I had 3 days to do so. I didn't bother, and have just had an email about my position in the queue, I'm still in the top few hundred. Doesn't look like they bother taking people out of the queue if they don't take their chance to buy a ticket, so who knows how many are still on that list that have not only changed their mind but have actually already had the chance and declined.

Certainly goes some way to explaining why Buffs and CosmicVillan haven't gone up many places.

Intentionally padding the numbers, or more incompetence from the useless clowns that run our digital offerings? I'd hate to speculate.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I'd happily pay the £600-£800 prices and probably more as it would be worth it to me and I have enough put away from my 2nd job to cover it. From the outside looking in it's still good value. I suspect a lot on the waiting list would feel the same. 

That’s the thing. I’m lucky enough to have a ST but for the 1000’s like yourself on a long waiting list the club know that most would pay a king’s ransom as soon as you get the chance to buy. 

Hope to manage to get one soon mate :thumb:

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Supply and demand... While there's a 20k plus ST waiting list, demand is exceeding supply and prices will go up. 

They saw the effect of a huge rise last year, that meant only about 1.5k didn't renew. They'll expect a similar result this season.

Those that had a lower rise last year won't mind as they've seen other areas hike much more than their own, while those that already tolerated a 40% rise will be expected to be fine with a mere 15% more. 

Season tickets will sell out. The waiting list will shrink. Whatever it ends up as will drive the price next year. 

realistic view.....we can't change the way of the world....not today anyway.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The waiting list numbers are certainly inflated.

Last year I was emailed to tell me I was at the top of the queue and could buy a ticket, and I had 3 days to do so. I didn't bother, and have just had an email about my position in the queue, I'm still in the top few hundred. Doesn't look like they bother taking people out of the queue if they don't take their chance to buy a ticket, so who knows how many are still on that list that have not only changed their mind but have actually already had the chance and declined.

Certainly goes some way to explaining why Buffs and CosmicVillan haven't gone up many places.

Intentionally padding the numbers, or more incompetence from the useless clowns that run our digital offerings? I'd hate to speculate.

Generating false demand. There's not a game this season I've actually really struggled to get an extra ticket to. Sure I'm early access having a season ticket but this 10k extra people dying to get a season ticket...doesn't exist

It's so poor of the club. A good 2 months and another price hike and people laping it up that's its actually justified.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Generating false demand. There's not a game this season I've actually really struggled to get an extra ticket to. Sure I'm early access having a season ticket but this 10k extra people dying to get a season ticket...doesn't exist

It's so poor of the club. A good 2 months and another price hike and people laping it up that's its actually justified.

I’m not sure about that mate. 

As I noted above, for the Spurs game in K4 it’s over £70 for an adult and child. There are probably loads of people can justify the cost of a ST, especially with the 0% finance options, but can’t justify, or physically afford to go on a match by match basis. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m not sure about that mate. 

As I noted above, for the Spurs game in K4 it’s over £70 for an adult and child. There are probably loads of people can justify the cost of a ST, especially with the 0% finance options, but can’t justify, or physically afford to go on a match by match basis. 

There are still tickets left for Tomorrow night.

I too get extra tickets after members and before general sale.

If there was such a demand then surely members would snap up the 10k tickets for each game?

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yep agreed, do sharing tickets, or half season ticket options would be really beneficial.

Â