Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

I'm upper north stand in T5 and will be fine with the increase, I do imagine a few people will give it up though, as those seats were some of the cheapest in the stadium prior to the increase from £390 to £560 before this year. Another 15% means £84 extra quid for the cost, not quite doubled in a couple of years, not too far off either.

Some will find it unsustainable unfortunately but i suppose it gives those on the waiting list a chance and i expect the club to be more and more ruthless like this in the coming years as there is demand which will allow this sort of increase.

The Times had an article last week abot most expensive and cheapest season tickets, in our firsy yeat back we were quite competitive and think they cheapest tickets were comfortably under £400, West ham had theirs, and still do, between £299 - £320. Dont think anyone will begrudge them putting the prices up too much considering how well we are doing on the pitch, however i reckon this increase would have gone ahead even if we werent doing quite so well.

The dynamic aspect to pricing is something we will see more and more of, if we ever play in the championship again (god forbid) and have that stadium expansion then there is a good chance the stadium would be half full, the club would need to adjust the pricing downward sharply, as that waiting list would soon disappear.

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

rumours of huge increases in the north upper , how does that work the seats wont be there next season will they?

The North Stand is very likely to be with us until at least the summer of 2024 - we may see some preparatory works this summer, with maybe the academy or ticket office building going - but it's very unlikely that the North Stand will go.

These increases will get nowhere near to paying for the new stand - Nas and Wes still pay for the big stuff.

The North Stand re-zoning will put a big pressure on the people who sit there, although I think it might be possible for them to simply relocate to the wider areas of that stand and not have too much of a change.

The changes to the Upper Holte End might also have an impact, if you're wanting access to the new lounge you can expect to be paying for that, if not, you'll have less space to grab a pint pre-match.

Both Arsenal and Spurs now have average season ticket prices over £1,000.

I really think that's where the game is headed.

In their ideal world, the Premier league and its chairmen would like stadiums filled entirely with people who have paid for a hospitality experience, that's the way we're headed. The comparisons they make are with concerts and concert ticket prices - getting the opportunity to see Villa is becoming like getting the opportunity to see Beyonce - and as long as demand is there, that's going to stay the case.

The Upper Holte will be a good test - if there are a thousand people who want to upgrade to the lounge experience for each match in the Upper Holte - then it's pretty clear there will be opportunities to upgrade the experience elsewhere in the ground.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The North Stand is very likely to be with us until at least the summer of 2024 - we may see some preparatory works this summer, with maybe the academy or ticket office building going - but it's very unlikely that the North Stand will go.

These increases will get nowhere near to paying for the new stand - Nas and Wes still pay for the big stuff.

The North Stand re-zoning will put a big pressure on the people who sit there, although I think it might be possible for them to simply relocate to the wider areas of that stand and not have too much of a change.

The changes to the Upper Holte End might also have an impact, if you're wanting access to the new lounge you can expect to be paying for that, if not, you'll have less space to grab a pint pre-match.

my bad thought it was going this summer

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really think that's where the game is headed.

Fulham are trying to sell a £3000 ticket

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The ground expansion and other infrastructure projects directly increase the value of their club. It’s like putting an extension on your house. Sure you pay 20 grand or whatever to the builder, but your house value increases by (probably) 39 grand. The businesses customers shouldn’t be paying for those things on a per seat basis. Yes more seats means more people paying and that’s obviously fine, and if the comfort and facilities are a step up, then ok, maybe charge more per seat, but just pumping up the prices for the same seat in the same place by as much as they are and have done last year is bastadry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Soup and pedigree chum? And I don’t like French mountains!

Entry only allowed unless smelling strongly of alcohol if aged above 12

Bovril

Knees up mother brown 

Burn away scarf at back of Holte

Villa Villa ringing out with wooden seats stamping 

• Like 3

OutbyEaster is spot on. If you want the club to give £100,000 a week to Oliver Watkins, you’re going to pay for that either through your Sky Sports subscription or your ticket price.

It’s been going mental for 30 years. It will continue to get worse.

On 21/04/2023 at 19:47, Talldarkandransome said:

Whilst it's not a bad argument I don't buy it anymore. I'm fed up of being ripped off. 

It's tough but you're hardly being ripped off when there are 6 other teams charging more and thousands queuing up to pay for what you've got. 

It's not great but this is a massively in demand sport. Supply and demand will always set the price. 

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

15% increase for the same shit seat in the same shit stand with the same shit facilities.

**** Purslow and **** this club. People can barely afford to eat but let's price gouge people who stood by this club for decades and in the Championship.

Scum.

surprise-shock.gif

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Inflation in the country is running at over 10% for awhile now so a 15% rise is only a few % above that. 

Weren't so keen on any kind of inflation link when it was a percent, funny that

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Entry only allowed unless smelling strongly of alcohol if aged above 12

Bovril

Knees up mother brown 

Burn away scarf at back of Holte

Villa Villa ringing out with wooden seats stamping 

I remember singing "seats aggro, seats aggro hallo, hallo" at the old upper trinity when they got outraged at a bad referee's decision or dodgy offside call, as well as their "villa (stomp stomp stomp).chant

I may not have been in the posh seats but at least I sung more than one song....as the rain peed down on me as I shivered on the lower holte. Happy days !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

Those of us living outside of the midlands or working in highly paid industries probably see things differently to those that are hard up and struggling to keep up with prices. I dont have any other major expenses bar a fixed rate mortgage, i only have the 1 ST also, those with multiple ST's, rising rents, real term pay cuts etc must be mad at the club.

On 21/04/2023 at 19:44, Woody1000 said:

If we want to compete financially against the teams at the top then we have to increase our matchday income. Ticket prices have to rise, it’s s*** but it’s the way it is.

Gate receipts don't represent a large revenue percentage for big clubs. Even less reason for them to be fleecing loyal fans who then up every week. 

• Like 1

The difference between putting the price up and the goals with Purslows explanation is for sure the view of the game.

It maybe similar but trying to get a beer or food before or at HT are complete pisstake in the North Stand compared to Trinty or The Holte. 

There is no room to move at HT and to get a beer or food you miss a good 10 mins of the second half.

OK the view of the game is similar but the rest of the experience is a pisstake.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

See this is the difference  in Londin to Brum they want to price your average fan out the game to sell tickets to tourists who are happy to pay the one off £150 a ticket to say they have been to a Premier League game.

See Fulham trying to justify £3000 a season ticket next year.

Â