Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

I've always said £800/£850 is my limit so I have a season or 2 left realistically.

Been a season ticket holder for 20 years but the outlay is now starting to affect my kids, their activities and holidays. It's not fair on them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

My brother and I camped in his Citroen C2 on the North Stand car park in 2008 when the away fans were first moved out of the North Stand Lower and into the Doug Ellis. 

It cost us £250 each for a season ticket :) 

I think my last season ticket in 2014 cost £350, but that felt fair as the £250 was a proper "introductory offer" for the first 2 years, probably to get some atmosphere in there. 

Now, seeing the same seats which we had for £350, selling for over £700 is a bit 😮 , considering nothing has changed in that stand - at least in 2008/09 we had a decent baguette du monde, where we got free baguettes after half time :lol:  

The only area of the ground that has actually been improved is the Lower Holte with the new self serve sections pretty eliminating all queuing for food and drink.

Not sure when or if that is being rolled out in the rest of the ground.

I’m not actually paying it but I’ve had to pay €20 to get into local club gaa matches, we played newcastle west there earlier this year and they’d one guy at least 3.5 stone overweight and I’m being nice there. Is it £38 a match for a season ticket? I’d easily pay that to watch villa at the moment. In fact I’ve had to pay 10 times that for an FA cup final ticket only to see arsenal hockey us. 

With the demand (waiting list) and us hoping to challenge for top 4 with a top manager I think it’s justified. I’m sure it’s stinging for people with cost of living etc.

I do think, we will see this money on the pitch though. The owners have what put in 300m plus of their own cash. 

44 minutes ago, Folski said:

I’m not actually paying it but I’ve had to pay €20 to get into local club gaa matches, we played newcastle west there earlier this year and they’d one guy at least 3.5 stone overweight and I’m being nice there. Is it £38 a match for a season ticket? I’d easily pay that to watch villa at the moment. In fact I’ve had to pay 10 times that for an FA cup final ticket only to see arsenal hockey us. 

With the demand (waiting list) and us hoping to challenge for top 4 with a top manager I think it’s justified. I’m sure it’s stinging for people with cost of living etc.

I do think, we will see this money on the pitch though. The owners have what put in 300m plus of their own cash. 

And the club is worth far more than the 300m they've put into the club. They're great owners thus far, but lets not go on like they are charitable. 

Edited by avfc1982am

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I've always said £800/£850 is my limit so I have a season or 2 left realistically.

Been a season ticket holder for 20 years but the outlay is now starting to affect my kids, their activities and holidays. It's not fair on them.

Are you going to allow for annual inflation on the £800/£850?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you see thw spurs home game selling out bwfore its even made it close to gen sale that shows you scale of demand of tickets

Yet we can’t sell out against Fulham as the current availability of tickets for tonight suggests.  I think the answer is somewhere in between.  For big teams at a reasonable time on the weekend then demand is sky high but a Tuesday night against a less fashionable team then demand seems to be less than supply.

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yet we can’t sell out against Fulham as the current availability of tickets for tonight suggests.  I think the answer is somewhere in between.  For big teams at a reasonable time on the weekend then demand is sky high but a Tuesday night against a less fashionable team then demand seems to be less than supply.

Uts been stated that alot of the tickets tonight are returns from fulhams side so big ask and its still going to be a very big crowd tonight

16 hours ago, WHY said:

31,000 apparently on the waiting list but there are tickets available for tomorrow, something don’t add up!

From what's been said already the available tickets are in the away area having been very recently returned by Fulham. There will be fans who couldn't get a group of seats together a few days ago that haven't checked since the 'away' seats were returned. Yes, the ticket office could or should have been proactive in the last couple of days to nudge known fans without tickets but that's another and smaller matter.

Either way, with less away fans, Villa Park will still have approaching forty thousand Villa fans for a Tuesday evening game against one of the league's unfashionable teams. Indeed, if Fulham had sold their allocation, tonight would be a sellout.

Also, I wouldn't conflate a few seats available on a Tuesday evening against a team who didn't sell their own allocation, with a denial of the now 33k waiting list.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Uts been stated that alot of the tickets tonight are returns from fulhams side so big ask and its still going to be a very big crowd tonight

Fair enough! I’ve seen a fair few non-regulars getting tickets easily for the Holte as well.  I still think the disparity between demand for big games on the weekend and non-fashionable is huge, just like the old days, it’s just our bottom end is still just about a full house with our top end probably double our capacity.

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough! I’ve seen a fair few non-regulars getting tickets easily for the Holte as well.  I still think the disparity between demand for big games on the weekend and non-fashionable is huge, just like the old days, it’s just our bottom end is still just about a full house with our top end probably double our capacity.

We're not alone in that. There's always been a huge disparity between desirability of games and the demand for tickets, across every club - right from  non-league only selling a few dozen in the league yet a couple of thousand unable to get tickets in the 3rd round of the FA cup, to large Premier League clubs who might technically sell out but have empty seats due to people not bothering to travel for a low key midweek match yet could have sold out twice over for more glamorous games.

The expansion of Villa Park to 50k or 52k will probably exaggerate this for us. If we're playing well against 'large' teams, we'll fill it comfortably. If we're struggling and/or playing smaller teams, we won't. 52,000 seats is a lot of tickets to sell so there's no shame in Villa not selling out every game. I'd like to see us do things like 'bring a mate for a tenner', 'kids for a fiver' or ticket donations to local schools, for the games with less demand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'd like to see us do things like 'bring a mate for a tenner', 'kids for a fiver' or ticket donations to local schools, for the games with less demand.

Them days are over my friend

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Are you going to allow for annual inflation on the £800/£850?

Its crept up. Obviously 800/850 is not the same as it was 15/20 years ago. 

But the club have basically doubled the cost of many season tickets in the last few years and there is a point I just can't do it anymore. At the moment thats around 800/850.

Everyones circumstances are different, but that's where im at financially.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we get in europa league and we have two famous names in our group it will certainly be same as lower end prem matches imo, 30-40 quid in all parts.

Was a lot of protests in Italy recently as both Milan and Napoli tried to price the hardcore fans out of the Quarter Final tie so wonder would we do the same

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a lot of protests in Italy recently as both Milan and Napoli tried to price the hardcore fans out of the Quarter Final tie so wonder would we do the same

Too passive in the UK. You'll get a bedsheet or two maybe a couple of broken cardboard boxes written on. Get told to do one, and the moans will fall silent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The games against Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal to an extent sell out quickly because the ground is full of their fans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The games against Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal to an extent sell out quickly because the ground is full of their fans. 

That's really not true anymore - I don't think there are large numbers of away fans with local postcodes buying memberships and tickets to get into Villa Park - sure, there's the occasional one, but it's nothing like it was during the 90's. 

The big games sell out because we're a very well supported team.

• Like 1

Â