Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I get it's supply and demand and hopefully the games will still sell out but I am feeling sorry for those priced out of it.

The next generation are important we need to allow all families to attend not just the wealthy.

But we're still talking about people who can afford a season ticket. Those aren't typically people on the bread line. I think the club has over sold season tickets. They now lose the increased revenue they would generate for premium games. 

Maybe part season tickets would be a better approach. Sell blocks of tickets to non premium games and a higher prices for the premium ones. 

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

But we're still talking about people who can afford a season ticket. Those aren't typically people on the bread line. I think the club has over sold season tickets. They now lose the increased revenue they would generate for premium games. 

Maybe part season tickets would be a better approach. Sell blocks of tickets to non premium games and a higher prices for the premium ones. 

Yep need to be forward thinking and come up with different ideas.

Once we are upto 50K be interesting how many season ticket holders they allow.

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

15% increase for the same shit seat in the same shit stand with the same shit facilities.

**** Purslow and **** this club. People can barely afford to eat but let's price gouge people who stood by this club for decades and in the Championship.

Scum.

its all good saying we want better players, or offering our better players like ollie new fat contracts how do you expect the club to pay the contracts? The owners have pumped wnough of their own cash into the club. Its likw blosw whwre the owners are stripping the club dry

The other option is we keep prices lose and risk losing players to teams like newcastle.

Im sure they will soon follow suit like the other clubs. I think a 15% increase is abit steep though. Maybe a 10% increase or a phased increase of 5% each season so people have time.

Guess those that cant afford it wont pay it only time will tell

I was thinking something in line with inflation, I suppose it could be worse, but I feel so sorry for Villa fans of all ages, that will struggle to find the money to support the club that they love, at a time when everything else is going up as well. The PL and Sky have played their part in making watching football, a rich man's hobby, the trouble is they can take it or leave it, as the empty seats in the corporate area of the Trinity showed so clearly when we were in the Championship. 

Eric Cantona quote: The real fans of football come from the working class... image.jpeg.44b36d32eeefe327781d2b8d6eb588f8.jpeg 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S-Platt said:

The difference between putting the price up and the goals with Purslows explanation is for sure the view of the game.

It maybe similar but trying to get a beer or food before or at HT are complete pisstake in the North Stand compared to Trinty or The Holte. 

There is no room to move at HT and to get a beer or food you miss a good 10 mins of the second half.

OK the view of the game is similar but the rest of the experience is a pisstake.

That’s exactly the same as upper holte 

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That’s exactly the same as upper holte 

I have been in both loads of times The Upper North is the pits in comparison.

Also takes an age to get out after games which is nowhere near as bad in The Holte in my experience.

On 22/04/2023 at 12:01, rodders0223 said:

15% increase for the same shit seat in the same shit stand with the same shit facilities.

**** Purslow and **** this club. People can barely afford to eat but let's price gouge people who stood by this club for decades and in the Championship.

Scum.

but not the same shit team though.

I guess, at a time when we are all battling with price increases, its not surprising.

when basic stuff like energy and labour costs rise, it has a knock on affect to everything.

I also suspect, the very things you are unhappy with, the club are planning to put right.

No one likes price increases, and it affects folk differently, so I am not pretending its ok....but its a balancing act in life.

The sad economics of it are.....we want a better team, we have to pay for it.

• Like 2

There is an interview in the The Times today with Shahid Khan, owner of Fulham, where he talks about why he had to increase prices of ST's. Some similarities can be seen with what Villa are trying to do, in the article he talks about 'non-game day offerings' such as a swimming pool on the rooftop of the new stand, a hotel, turning the riverside stand into a corporate offering. Seats have been taken away from fans who were promised there old ones back whilst it was being built.

So its happening to other clubs, this focus on monetization, if you think about it it will happen to all clubs, but particularly american owned ones like us and fulham. Essentially they want to get more out of what is available. Villa are doing the same with the GA+ offerings and obviously the price increases. I think ultimately both clubs would probably be happy with something like the spurs offering, where you have a core group of fans who turn up come what may, alongside a large amount of the ground which is transient, but who pay big money for tickets in premium areas, on hispitality pre and post match, maybe stay at a hotel attached to the ground prior to the match and spend a lot in the club shop too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

There is an interview in the The Times today with Shahid Khan, owner of Fulham, where he talks about why he had to increase prices of ST's. Some similarities can be seen with what Villa are trying to do, in the article he talks about 'non-game day offerings' such as a swimming pool on the rooftop of the new stand, a hotel, turning the riverside stand into a corporate offering. Seats have been taken away from fans who were promised there old ones back whilst it was being built.

So its happening to other clubs, this focus on monetization, if you think about it it will happen to all clubs, but particularly american owned ones like us and fulham. Essentially they want to get more out of what is available. Villa are doing the same with the GA+ offerings and obviously the price increases. I think ultimately both clubs would probably be happy with something like the spurs offering, where you have a core group of fans who turn up come what may, alongside a large amount of the ground which is transient, but who pay big money for tickets in premium areas, on hispitality pre and post match, maybe stay at a hotel attached to the ground prior to the match and spend a lot in the club shop too.

Yes- until young fans can't afford to attend matches and won't be in the position of paying fancy seats in the future.  Where will the next generation come from?

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Yes- until young fans can't afford to attend matches and won't be in the position of paying fancy seats in the future.  Where will the next generation come from?

so true, i think back to myself a decade ago, i started going regularly in the 2nd half of the 2012/2013 season, when we were really struggling under lambert. I was going on a game by game basis and the club were struggling on the pitch and attendance wise, i managed to pick up a very cheap half season ticket for the below adult category. There wont be those types of chances to allow young fans to support the team vocally during a tough time and on the cheap, when others shun the club, which is sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/04/2023 at 12:01, rodders0223 said:

Scum.

Yes it's modern society. Rip off Britain. Other ways they can make their money other than fleecing the true fans.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but I struggle with the barely able to eat narrative here. This is the season ticket thread, If you're destitute you're surely not committing to 20 games a season of premier league football.

The increases are tough absolutely and no one likes them. Unfortunately most will still pay and I think most consider it good value still.

• Like 4

Supply and demand... While there's a 20k plus ST waiting list, demand is exceeding supply and prices will go up. 

They saw the effect of a huge rise last year, that meant only about 1.5k didn't renew. They'll expect a similar result this season.

Those that had a lower rise last year won't mind as they've seen other areas hike much more than their own, while those that already tolerated a 40% rise will be expected to be fine with a mere 15% more. 

Season tickets will sell out. The waiting list will shrink. Whatever it ends up as will drive the price next year. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

It’s definitely a kick in the teeth when public sector pay is stagnant, I will renew but it means cutting back elsewhere. Not looking good for wanting to take my son in a few years either if the increases keep coming.

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

It’s definitely a kick in the teeth when public sector pay is stagnant, I will renew but it means cutting back elsewhere. Not looking good for wanting to take my son in a few years either if the increases keep coming.

Like alot of people instead of going every week you could probably go half the times. I think the increase is abit steep but its also unrealistic to think we would keep prices the same or be a slight increase.  This is the sad situation of being successful and being such massive demand

My boy turned 18 last year so I had a big rise with that on top of the price rise. So another 15% this year means a huge jump for me over the 2yr period. 

That said, I got a friend and her 10yr old son tickets for the Newcastle game, I was staggered to see that it was over £70 for K4 (from memory it was £55 for her and £16 for her son). I’m not sure I could afford that on a match by basis, and with demand being what it is, I’ll renew. 

I just hope the club continues with the finance options, not sure if I could afford otherwise. 

12 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm sorry but I struggle with the barely able to eat narrative here. This is the season ticket thread, If you're destitute you're surely not committing to 20 games a season of premier league football.

The increases are tough absolutely and no one likes them. Unfortunately most will still pay and I think most consider it good value still.

Many people have not just their own tickets to fork out for, but kids, teenagers etc. Wages aren't going up in many occupations yet everything else is so it's not about destitution but the club being unreasonable in the current climate. The idea people who had season tickets for years can continually deal with increases year after year at the percentage they've been rising is ridiculous. A 45% increase on my ST over 2 seasons is taking the piss end, of regardless of whether I can afford it or not. 

Â