Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

I get we have to be competitive but my season ticket is a family ticket 2 adults 2 kids.

2 years ago it was £840 for 4 which was a bargain.

Went upto to £1100 with a discount for the increase last season but we moved more central in the upper North Stand.

Reading that it's now going to be £1760 for the same seats.

This is due to moving my seat from zone 4 to 3 and putting 15% on plus there are no family packages in zone 3.

I will wait for it to be confirmed but yes there will be a few people giving up season tickets.  If I am one of those remains to be seen.

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I get we have to be competitive but my season ticket is a family ticket 2 adults 2 kids.

Went upto to £1100 with a discount for the increase last season but we moved more central in the upper North Stand.

This is due to moving my seat from zone 4 to 3 and putting 15% on plus there are no family packages in zone 3.

I will wait for it to be confirmed but yes there will be a few people giving up season tickets.  If I am one of those remains to be seen.

That's disgusting.

11 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

likewise i was paying £840 , they changed the category of seat so lost the family ticket and went to around £1500 , so could easily be paying £1700 this season , ive had them tickets 10 years and elsewhere in the stadium for 35 years.

20 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I can understand this from both the club and fans perspective. 

What I would say is the football is much more than 15% better than it was heading into last season. 

What if the football is 15% worse next season, we going to get a 15% discount.... no.

Season tickets went up by 30% in many areas last season. My ticket went up £100 on the year before so another increase similar is literally taking the piss. Especially when many are going through a cost of living crisis. It's ridiculous for the additional revenue which will increase anyway if the team are successful. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

likewise i was paying £840 , they changed the category of seat so lost the family ticket and went to around £1500 , so could easily be paying £1700 this season , ive had them tickets 10 years and elsewhere in the stadium for 35 years.

Will wait to see it confirmed but it's a kick in the nads with everything else that's going up.

Ouch, the price of our good run of form.  He’s like, oh well, you’ve got an elite manager so you’re gonna have to pay more.  If Emery hadn’t hit the ground running he wouldn’t have been able to justify it. 

20 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Thats just bonkers

My lad is starting to show a real interest in Villa now, today will be the 3rd game in a row he has sat and watched with me.

He's already asking about going to a match, I would need to buy 2 memberships and then match tickets etc, 3 if he wants his mum to go too. I've already warned him that he might have to wait until next season, and these increases are likely to make it even more difficult. At the end of the day it's a game, its just a bloody rich man's game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

My lad is starting to show a real interest in Villa now, today will be the 3rd game in a row he has sat and watched with me.

He's already asking about going to a match, I would need to buy 2 memberships and then match tickets etc, 3 if he wants his mum to go too. I've already warned him that he might have to wait until next season, and these increases are likely to make it even more difficult. At the end of the day it's a game, its just a bloody rich man's game

Season Ticket Holders get the chance to buy extra tickets after Members and before general sale.

Happy to help if you need tickets just pm me. 

Maybe we could set up a thread with others that want to help fellow fans.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Inflation in the country is running at over 10% for awhile now so a 15% rise is only a few % above that. 

Agreed but some of us have 100% rise in 2 years!

• Like 1

Mine went up 40% this season and now it'll be going up another 15%. Shocking. As people have said what they generate from match tickets is peanuts compared to other revenue but i suppose demand is there. 

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Agreed but some of us have 100% rise in 2 years!

That's crazy!! Is there some graph of the ticket prices over past 5 years? I suppose it's different depending on which seats etc..

Inflation has been a total of 16.6% over last 2 years.

Â