Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

That’s a good point. I’d only buy them on an individual match basis if a) I can sit with my mates as we’d buy the tickets together and b) I’d expect the best seats in the Upper Holte if I’m paying extra.

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The season card arrived today in the post, with 1 sheet of paper and nowt else.

And second class.

If you buy a Holte Terrace season pass, do you qualify for first class?

Really piss poor tbh. Some generic half arsed letter with the card just dropped in the envelope and posted 2nd class. 

I suppose I should be grateful receiving it on time as last year it came 4 weeks after the start of the season.  

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The season card arrived today in the post, with 1 sheet of paper and nowt else.

And second class.

If you buy a Holte Terrace season pass, do you qualify for first class?

Did you not read the letter that explained the welcome pack had been delayed or are you just looking for any reason to have a go at the club?

• Like 1

Got mine yesterday, not overly bothered that there is no welcome pack or that it came 2nd class - after all we didn't used to get anything like that years ago and last years pack is still unused. 

I'd prefer the money they saved on key rings, scarves, pens etc. was used to maybe give season ticket holders vouchers for use in the club shop/holte suite/fan zone or similar.

• Like 1

Just had mine and the Mrs's arrive this morning.....No fanfare, just a smiling postmen, who courteously closes the gate.

such simple pleasures.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Got mine yesterday, not overly bothered that there is no welcome pack or that it came 2nd class - after all we didn't used to get anything like that years ago and last years pack is still unused. 

I'd prefer the money they saved on key rings, scarves, pens etc. was used to maybe give season ticket holders vouchers for use in the club shop/holte suite/fan zone or similar.

its paid for Diaby's toe nails.

Edited by TRO

I remember last year my ST arrived at the same time as we were losing the opening game against Bournemouth where we were predictably truely dire thanks to the fraud we had in charge at the time.

I nearly ran after the postman and said take it back I dont want it or I think you have the wrong address.

Just goes to show what difference a year makes....

• Like 2

On 04/08/2023 at 14:56, avfc1982am said:

Really piss poor tbh. Some generic half arsed letter with the card just dropped in the envelope and posted 2nd class. 

I suppose I should be grateful receiving it on time as last year it came 4 weeks after the start of the season.  

Yes, my lad pointed out that the letter wasn't even addressed to me personally. Is that so hard? 

Would never have happened in Purslows day. 

Edited by sidcow

'In consultation with fan groups, the penalties with unauthorised selling of both home and away match tickets have further increased'.

Consultation with who? Most of the larger supporters' clubs left the official Lions Club structure years ago because of all these restrictions.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

'In consultation with fan groups, the penalties with unauthorised selling of both home and away match tickets have further increased'.

The club have an away ticketing group and use the FAB/FCG and they have spoken at length about their desire to ensure that the people who are buying the tickets are the people who are using the tickets, that's something that most fans would agree is a good thing.

There are people who buy 19 away tickets a season and don't necessarily attend all the games, but buy them and pass them on because they don't want to lose their history - that's a bad thing.

I think the away group made some recommendations on the punishments for this that have been taken on board and there was a feeling that a 'death penalty' of the complete reset of away history might be harsh for a first offence, but it definitely is something that needs tackling (at least until the technology that's on the way arrives and renders it near impossible).

Over the last eighteen months, it's been noticeable that the club in just about everything to do with ticketing have moved away form the consultative model to one where they brief us on their decisions on things rather than discuss them with us then decide, and it's something that's a concern when they then attach the 'fan groups' tag to anything that might be unpopular.

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club have an away ticketing group and use the FAB/FCG and they have spoken at length about their desire to ensure that the people who are buying the tickets are the people who are using the tickets, that's something that most fans would agree is a good thing.

There are people who buy 19 away tickets a season and don't necessarily attend all the games, but buy them and pass them on because they don't want to lose their history - that's a bad thing.

I think the away group made some recommendations on the punishments for this that have been taken on board and there was a feeling that a 'death penalty' of the complete reset of away history might be harsh for a first offence, but it definitely is something that needs tackling (at least until the technology that's on the way arrives and renders it near impossible).

Over the last eighteen months, it's been noticeable that the club in just about everything to do with ticketing have moved away form the consultative model to one where they brief us on their decisions on things rather than discuss them with us then decide, and it's something that's a concern when they then attach the 'fan groups' tag to anything that might be unpopular.

In some cases even sell them to home fans. Hope they get rumbled. 

As for season tickets the card looks nice and also has the year in so can’t accidentally bring last years to the game.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, brommy said:

The 'it will be posted separately sometime in August' welcome pack arrived this morning.👍

What’s in it? Mine hasn’t arrived yet

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is that a bus pass holder?

It's a notepad with lined paper, an elasticated pen holder and one of those elasticated page-keeper type things (is there a specific name for it?).

The pen writes well and the key ring is nice.

Nicely boxed and all three items are decent quality.

• Like 1

Â