Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

Interesting that in the renewal window you can't ask to move to the Holte End or to the 'B' blocks of the Trintity Road due to the lack of available seats in there.

In the Upper Holte especially, I wonder how much that limited availability is linked to keeping a variety of seats available for Terrace View ticket holders (some pairs, threes and fours together).

I know from experience that using the relocation window to get anywhere on the lower tier of the Trinity or Doug Ellis stands can be quite difficult - as with all things I guess, demand has made the relocation window less appealing than it used to be too.

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting that in the renewal window you can't ask to move to the Holte End or to the 'B' blocks of the Trintity Road due to the lack of available seats in there.

In the Upper Holte especially, I wonder how much that limited availability is linked to keeping a variety of seats available for Terrace View ticket holders (some pairs, threes and fours together).

I know from experience that using the relocation window to get anywhere on the lower tier of the Trinity or Doug Ellis stands can be quite difficult - as with all things I guess, demand has made the relocation window less appealing than it used to be too.

Next season when us in The North Stand have to relocate will be fun 😮 

Trinity Wings upper only i guess.

If we've still got a massive waiting list, with 10 plus years likely, they'll surely have to look at further expansions. 

Maybe a full rebuild of Witton Lane Stand. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If we've still got a massive waiting list, with 10 plus years likely, they'll surely have to look at further expansions. 

Maybe a full rebuild of Witton Lane Stand. 

I like to think the 50k capacity will be achieved, whatever happens on or off the pitch but if the UK gets awarded the 2028 Euros (decision this September, I believe), I'll be more confident.

I'm sure the club will want to see what the demand for general seating and the financially rewarding corporate hospitality is, once the new North Stand has been built. The new North, increasing the number of season tickets by a guesstimated 5000, will give a good insight into how serious those on the waiting list are. If those extra STs are taken up by less than the first 10k on the list, leaving over 20k still waiting, that could drive whether they proceed with the next 2.2k phase (although it's still a mystery to the general public where in Villa Park this proposal will be, so hopefully Purslow didn't take the blueprints with him!). Conversely, if the team isn't performing well in the lead up to the North Stand opening, the waiting list could be dented significantly. This could put a medium term hold on further expansion as the club will know those left on the waiting list will form a key part of 'match day' sales, of which they'll still need around 15000 of. 

Success on the pitch will be absolutely critical to drive the expansion above 50k but I still think it'll be quite a few years before the stand on Witton Lane is rebuilt, not least because of the cost associated with the road, residential park and nearby occupied housing.

36 minutes ago, brommy said:

I like to think the 50k capacity will be achieved, whatever happens on or off the pitch but if the UK gets awarded the 2028 Euros (decision this September, I believe), I'll be more confident.

I'm sure the club will want to see what the demand for general seating and the financially rewarding corporate hospitality is, once the new North Stand has been built. The new North, increasing the number of season tickets by a guesstimated 5000, will give a good insight into how serious those on the waiting list are. If those extra STs are taken up by less than the first 10k on the list, leaving over 20k still waiting, that could drive whether they proceed with the next 2.2k phase (although it's still a mystery to the general public where in Villa Park this proposal will be, so hopefully Purslow didn't take the blueprints with him!). Conversely, if the team isn't performing well in the lead up to the North Stand opening, the waiting list could be dented significantly. This could put a medium term hold on further expansion as the club will know those left on the waiting list will form a key part of 'match day' sales, of which they'll still need around 15000 of. 

Success on the pitch will be absolutely critical to drive the expansion above 50k but I still think it'll be quite a few years before the stand on Witton Lane is rebuilt, not least because of the cost associated with the road, residential park and nearby occupied housing.

Why would the team not performing put a dent in the waiting list? I think relegation probably would. But not bottom half football. There was 25k on the waiting list before Emery joined and we probably had an average league position of about 19th in the premier league over the last 5 years 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Why would the team not performing put a dent in the waiting list? I think relegation probably would. But not bottom half football. There was 25k on the waiting list before Emery joined and we probably had an average league position of about 19th in the premier league over the last 5 years 

Because during the Lambert years we never sold out, and I recall plenty of sub 30k games those years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

There's a difference between someone expressing an interest by putting their name on a no-cost waiting listing and actually committing the larger part of one thousand pounds for a season ticket. Assuming the club will continue to offer around 75% of home capacity to ST sales, the new North Stand will add around another 5500 season tickets and another 1900 match day tickets. If we perform well, those 5500 STs will probably be brought by the first 7000 on the list (there'll always be some that can't buy due to a change of various circumstances).

Perform at a below mid-table level and more people will find a reason not to renew (especially given the current high prices), so in effect they'll be more than an additional 5500 STs to sell and, I believe a higher proportion of waiting list people will say 'thanks, but I can't at the moment', thus reducing the waiting list. I also expect many of those currently on the list form a high proportion of the 10k (12k with the new North) 'match day' tickets the club need to sell, so if the waiting list was hit hard by a combination of the extra capacity and poor performance, it could be an issue.

As a season holder of 35 years, I think they previously represented okay value when we were playing average and good value when we were performing well. My concern now is the current demand for tickets will be further capitalised on by the owners. Another price hike like this summer's would be very, very disappointing to many fans who've attended through thick and thin.

Hopefully the expansion to 50k and possibly 52k soon afterwards will help address the supply and demand balance and the owners won't pursue above inflation rises.

23 minutes ago, brommy said:

There's a difference between someone expressing an interest by putting their name on a no-cost waiting listing and actually committing the larger part of one thousand pounds for a season ticket.

It would probably make sense at this point to say that to add or keep your place on the waiting list, there is a one-off £20 deposit. It would be refundable when you eventually get the season ticket but lost if you then decline to take the season ticket when offered.  This would remove anyone who doesn't really want a season ticket.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brommy said:

There's a difference between someone expressing an interest by putting their name on a no-cost waiting listing and actually committing the larger part of one thousand pounds for a season ticket. Assuming the club will continue to offer around 75% of home capacity to ST sales, the new North Stand will add around another 5500 season tickets and another 1900 match day tickets. If we perform well, those 5500 STs will probably be brought by the first 7000 on the list (there'll always be some that can't buy due to a change of various circumstances).

Perform at a below mid-table level and more people will find a reason not to renew (especially given the current high prices), so in effect they'll be more than an additional 5500 STs to sell and, I believe a higher proportion of waiting list people will say 'thanks, but I can't at the moment', thus reducing the waiting list. I also expect many of those currently on the list form a high proportion of the 10k (12k with the new North) 'match day' tickets the club need to sell, so if the waiting list was hit hard by a combination of the extra capacity and poor performance, it could be an issue.

As a season holder of 35 years, I think they previously represented okay value when we were playing average and good value when we were performing well. My concern now is the current demand for tickets will be further capitalised on by the owners. Another price hike like this summer's would be very, very disappointing to many fans who've attended through thick and thin.

Hopefully the expansion to 50k and possibly 52k soon afterwards will help address the supply and demand balance and the owners won't pursue above inflation rises.

I agree on the 30k waiting list being inflated due to it being free and no commitment should you get a chance to buy one.

If they really wanted to know who is serious then they could make you buy membership to join it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I agree on the 30k waiting list being inflated due to it being free and no commitment should you get a chance to buy one.

If they really wanted to know who is serious then they could make you buy membership to join it.

Chris Heck is reading this thread for revenue ideas 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Given the decades of underachieving since our League, European and 2 League Cups in 3 seasons heights, it's testament to our great fan base that even when Gerrard was here, we've had such a large waiting list and every game was 40,000 plus. Even over some poor seasons our fan base has increased over the past couple of decades.

Sure, the waiting list of 30k+ could be described as inflated but it's only natural that the waiting list is dynamic, with fans' financial, geographical and family and health circumstances changing all the time. The extent of those reasons being used will depend on the quality of the football on offer, but I think only relegation would see us not sell out the future season ticket capacity of around 35k and thus end the waiting list.

I'm pleased that over 29k of my fellow 30k season ticket holders have continued to commit but not so pleased if it means the club will take it as a sign to increase prices above next year's lower inflation rate.

Ideally but also realistically, I'd like to see 52,000 at Villa Park with 40,000 season ticket holders all paying the same amount as now in real terms (allowing for inflation). However, I suspect Villa Park will stay at 50,000 for a good while after the next expansion and the club will restrict STs to 35,000, knowing that match day rate tickets are more lucrative.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah I renewed.

**** you purslow.

If that's a statement against the price rise, the BBC ran an article on Purslow leaving, saying he was unhappy at the rise. I wonder if the rise was ultimately forced by NSWE and not Purslow.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

If that's a statement against the price rise, the BBC ran an article on Purslow leaving, saying he was unhappy at the rise. I wonder if the rise was ultimately forced by NSWE and not Purslow.

Do you have a link?  I doubt a CEO would leave his job over season ticket pricing and I also doubt that our owners would get involved in pricing decisions - they employ people like Purslow, who then employs someone else to make that call on pricing. 

55 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do you have a link?  I doubt a CEO would leave his job over season ticket pricing and I also doubt that our owners would get involved in pricing decisions - they employ people like Purslow, who then employs someone else to make that call on pricing. 

Simon Stone at BBC Sport wrote - it was thought he [Purslow] was uneasy about the massive hike in season ticket prices Villa announced in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65876630

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

i dont think we had many spares available anyway. My ST is in the lower Holte and ill often try and get tickets for friends around me. They are pretty much limited to singles only and its rare to see any left at all.

Id assume you are right though and they are starting to protect the future hospitality seats.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Simon Stone at BBC Sport wrote - it was thought he [Purslow] was uneasy about the massive hike in season ticket prices Villa announced in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65876630

Complete speculation really.

Not sure why Purslow would have a vested interest in saving face over that decision such that he'd leak that to the media. 

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Complete speculation really.

Not sure why Purslow would have a vested interest in saving face over that decision such that he'd leak that to the media. 

As BBC Sport aren't on the VillaTalk speculation blacklist, I thought it valid to reference. In any case, during the off-season, VillaTalk exists on 95% speciation and opinion.

• Like 1

Â