Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

The system is absolutely fine. You can give it for free to friends or family, or get the bulk of your money back if you sell it back to the club and they sell it on. Why not 100%? Because fans could then buy a season ticket, with no intention of going to all of the games and not lose out. I sold my ticket for about eight games last season, mostly because I’d just had my kid, so I’ve used it a lot, and it’s absolutely fair and appropriate. 

Moan about price increase, or the Terrace View, sure, but not this. 

• Like 3

I think the phone stuff will end up being about away tickets - no one in their right mind who goes to a lot of the away games takes the risk of missing buying a ticket - fall down that list of priority and you aren't every getting back on.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that if you'd started from scratch when we got promoted and tried to buy every away ticket that got down to the level at which you could buy it - you still wouldn't have made the top tier yet.

When they find a way to record if the person who bought the ticket used it at away games, things are going to get messy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich192 said:

The system is absolutely fine. You can give it for free to friends or family, or get the bulk of your money back if you sell it back to the club and they sell it on. Why not 100%? Because fans could then buy a season ticket, with no intention of going to all of the games and not lose out. I sold my ticket for about eight games last season, mostly because I’d just had my kid, so I’ve used it a lot, and it’s absolutely fair and appropriate. 

Do the club permit transfer to others on a game by game basis? I thought the reason this is currently being discussed is because the club have very recently emphasised that they don't.

As for the club reselling a seat for 60% more than they give a fan that had financially committed the thick end of a thousand pounds before a ball is kicked, I think fair would be for the club to make a 35% profit whilst the ST holder gets their pro-rata refund (say £40 with the club reselling for the match day rate of £54). It would be easy to allow say 3 games at 100% pro-rata refund to account for untypical circumstance such as illness, before triggering an 80% rate to avoid the concern you raised.

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Especially annoying that the club give you 80% of 1/19th of your season ticket price but only if they've resold the same ticket for the 'match day' rate.

As an example for a 19 game season ticket cost of £760 which is £40 per game, the club sell it for the match day price of around £54 but then only give the season ticket holder £32.

Whilst the club need to cover the small administrative cost, surely they can give an ST holder who can't make an occasional game, the lower of 80% of the resold price or 100% of 1/19th of the ST cost! In my example, the season ticket holder would get £40 (exactly the pro-rata value) and the club still makes another £14.

Are you sure you have this right? Traditionally the club have given back 1/19th of the ST per game that you resell. This typically works out at 80% of the match day price. So you get back what you have paid. 

I'm not seeing any change to the scheme, other than they want you to transfer your ST seat to a friends fan ID rather than just giving them your card. 

They've asked people to do this for years for health and safety reasons. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Are you sure you have this right? Traditionally the club have given back 1/19th of the ST per game that you resell. This typically works out at 80% of the match day price. So you get back what you have paid. 

I'm not seeing any change to the scheme, other than they want you to transfer your ST seat to a friends fan ID rather than just giving them your card. 

They've asked people to do this for years for health and safety reasons. 

I've never resold through the club. Tried once a few years ago but it didn't sell so I got nothing. I think you get 80% of your pro-rata season ticket value, not 80% of the match day price as that would typically be a profit on the season ticket value!

On 11/07/2023 at 19:55, brommy said:

I've never resold through the club. Tried once a few years ago but it didn't sell so I got nothing. I think you get 80% of your pro-rata season ticket value, not 80% of the match day price as that would typically be a profit on the season ticket value!

I thought you got the pro-rata season ticket price which was roughly 80% of the match day price. But you could be right. 

On 11/07/2023 at 19:27, brommy said:

Do the club permit transfer to others on a game by game basis?

yes. this is a little known fact. steps to do this below:

1) person A with a season ticket cannot attend man u at home

2) person B, a mate of person A wants to go to the game

3) person A obtains the ref number of person B

4) person A phones villa (cant do this online annoyingly) and says "i cannot attend but i want to assign my season ticket seat to a friend" and provides the ticket office person with person B's ref number

5) person A receives an email with an e ticket attached for person A's season ticket seat but in the name of person B...there is no additional charge for this service providing person A and person B are in the same price bracket (i.e. adult - adult, child - child)

6) person A then whatsapp's/emails the e-ticket to person B. any payment is negotiated between person A and person B. personally, i charged the £25 that i would've received from AVFC if i sold via official resale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought you got the pro-rata season ticket price which was roughly 80% of the match day price. But you could be right. 

@brommy is correct.  It’s pro rated and then you get 80% of that.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

4) person A phones villa (cant do this online annoyingly) and says "i cannot attend but i want to assign my season ticket seat to a friend" and provides the ticket office person with person B's ref number

An email to the ticket office works as well, also think if on Twitter there is an admin site you can message (I’m vague in this as not on Twitter)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

An email to the ticket office works as well, also think if on Twitter there is an admin site you can message (I’m vague in this as not on Twitter)

i didn't think to email (will try that in future as the ticket office is a bugger to get through on the phone)

i tried the twitter DM before to do this and they told me to phone

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't think to email (will try that in future as the ticket office is a bugger to get through on the phone)

i tried the twitter DM before to do this and they told me to phone

Yes phoning is an arse, I emailed 3/4 times last season and had a response within an during office times 

• Like 1

I see the club are pushing memberships for the upcoming season, on selling point is that members will get priority in European tickets. Does anyone know if ST holders still get priority as well? Would be very annoyed if I have to buy a membership as well 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I see the club are pushing memberships for the upcoming season, on selling point is that members will get priority in European tickets. Does anyone know if ST holders still get priority as well? Would be very annoyed if I have to buy a membership as well 

I'd assume a ST trumps a membership and puts you at the top of the priority list, but it would be completely on brand for the club to use it as an opportunity to upsell you a ST Deluxe European Claret membership. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I presume you would have first dips on your seat, the same as the domestic cups.

• Like 2

On 11/07/2023 at 13:27, Rich192 said:

What annoys me more are fans that don’t even bother reselling, they just don’t turn up. Especially when it’s a sell out. Had empty seats next to and around me way too many games last season.  I would have happily brought those tickets as I’m sure many fans would have. 

2 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Quick question (sorry if the wrong place)

Does my season ticket cover the europe games/domestic cup games? or is it league games only?

League only, we used to get first home cup tie “free” but I think they’ve stopped that now 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

League only, we used to get first home cup tie “free” but I think they’ve stopped that now 

Cheers. Hoping that the UECL games aren't too expensive compared to league prices....

54 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Cheers. Hoping that the UECL games aren't too expensive compared to league prices....

Hopefully they'll price according to the opposition. Plenty of less known teams so hopefully we'll see £20 or less for some of the games and a fuller Villa Park because of this.

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Hopefully they'll price according to the opposition. Plenty of less known teams so hopefully we'll see £20 or less for some of the games and a fuller Villa Park because of this.

That'd by nice, but I have a feeling it'll be more like the Premier League prices.

Â