Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

1. ST Holders will only be able to list their own Seat for resale and not that of their friends and family. Should a parent/guardian wish to list their child’s Seat for Re-sale and for the payment to be made in the parent/guardians account this can only be done by calling 0333 323 1874.

so you cannot do it online, what nonsense

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure where to put this and not sure what I think but whilst out yesterday I bumped into a mate of mine who’s been a regular ST holder for a few years with his nephew. Mentioned the game today and he said he’s had his season ticket cancelled. Basically he few years younger than me suffers with COPD so sometimes is unable to work. Also his nephews mum died two weeks ago so it’s been a bit of a shit time lately . He rang Villa up asking for an extension payment for his Season tickets and explained his circumstances. The person on the phone agreed to sort something out, but then few days later said if he can’t make the agreed payments his season tickets will be cancelled. He’s disgusted by it and said he’ll never step foot inside Villa Park again. 

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure where to put this and not sure what I think but whilst out yesterday I bumped into a mate of mine who’s been a regular ST holder for a few years with his nephew. Mentioned the game today and he said he’s had his season ticket cancelled. Basically he few years younger than me suffers with COPD so sometimes is unable to work. Also his nephews mum died two weeks ago so it’s been a bit of a shit time lately . He rang Villa up asking for an extension payment for his Season tickets and explained his circumstances. The person on the phone agreed to sort something out, but then few days later said if he can’t make the agreed payments his season tickets will be cancelled. He’s disgusted by it and said he’ll never step foot inside Villa Park again. 

That is very sad to see that no empathy and a lack of remorse has been shown.

I think he should take this higher with someone at the club (when is he ready).

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is very sad to see that no empathy and a lack of remorse has been shown.

I think he should take this higher with someone at the club (when is he ready).

He said he was thinking of doing so but thought **** em’

He even said he’s easily replaced nowadays 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He said he was thinking of doing so but thought **** em’

He even said he’s easily replaced nowadays 

It sounds like it's been badly handled, but isn't the payment scheme operated by a third party? If so, there might not have been miuch the club could do.

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

It sounds like it's been badly handled, but isn't the payment scheme operated by a third party? If so, there might not have been miuch the club could do.

Yeah I think you’re right Limpid it is handled by a third party and if so it maybe is out of their hands 

• 4 weeks later...

Some good news! Villa are trialling season tickets being added to a phone 'wallet' such as Google or Apple, enabling entry via a very quick tap on at the turnstile.

Trial invitation is by email to selected fans who used their phone wallet to gain entry to the Legia Warsaw home game.

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Some good news! Villa are trialling season tickets being added to a phone 'wallet' such as Google or Apple, enabling entry via a very quick tap on at the turnstile.

In fairness, the current season ticket works via a very quick tap on at the turnstile.

28 minutes ago, brommy said:

Trial invitation is by email to selected fans who used their phone wallet to gain entry to the Legia Warsaw home game.

It's not been offered to me.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

It's not been offered to me.

Me neither, but my son received the invite (an email I've actually seen) and his season ticket is  now in his phone wallet, all ready to 'tap on'. Hopefully the trial will be a success and the club will roll it out to all season ticket holders soon.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, the current season ticket works via a very quick tap on at the turnstile.

It does work well but I'd still like it on my phone. I end up double checking I've got the card on every journey to a league game, my wife always asks 'have you got the cards?' and then, upon picking my son up en-route we both ask each other - have you got your season ticket? I'm never likely to forget my phone and it'll avoid the slight jeopardy feeling of - have I remembered my cards.

• Like 1

I do hope it's not compulsory - for people who carry a wallet, the card works really well, you just put it next to the card you use for everything else.

On a night game you'll have half of Birmingham refusing to answer their phone all day in case their battery dies before they get to VP.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I do hope it's not compulsory - for people who carry a wallet, the card works really well, you just put it next to the card you use for everything else.

On a night game you'll have half of Birmingham refusing to answer their phone all day in case their battery dies before they get to VP.

You should probably get OBE to bring that up at the next meeting :mrgreen:

Seriously, it would be good to get a discussion about the plans on the agenda..

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it's okt o post this here as it's not 23/24 specific but it is about season tickets

Given our mythical 24,000 strong season ticket waiting list, I was thinking of getting myself on it with my son.

He's only 2, but give it a couple more seasons and I'd like to start taking him to games so I'd like to get us both on the waiting list.

How do I do this? I can find where to add myself but I can only reserve one place. Which makes sense I guess. Do I have to register my son as a fan/member even though he's only 2?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hope it's okt o post this here as it's not 23/24 specific but it is about season tickets

Given our mythical 24,000 strong season ticket waiting list, I was thinking of getting myself on it with my son.

He's only 2, but give it a couple more seasons and I'd like to start taking him to games so I'd like to get us both on the waiting list.

How do I do this? I can find where to add myself but I can only reserve one place. Which makes sense I guess. Do I have to register my son as a fan/member even though he's only 2?

I think you will need to register your son as everything Villa tickets appears to be fan ID driven.

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

I think you will need to register your son as everything Villa tickets appears to be fan ID driven.

Yep, see if can make him a member as well at the same. It’s free I think.  You just reminded me to add my daughter who turns 2 in Feb. Thanks @Stevo985

I don’t like that you have to pick a stand.  I went DE as it’s where I sit but I reckon trinity your best bet.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The official site reported our season ticket waiting list as over 33,000 back in April 2023 and it has probably only grown since then.

Agree it's unlikely a decent portion of those would take one if offered though.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, see if can make him a member as well at the same. It’s free I think.  You just reminded me to add my daughter who turns 2 in Feb. Thanks @Stevo985

I don’t like that you have to pick a stand.  I went DE as it’s where I sit but I reckon trinity your best bet.

I went trinity as that’s where the family area is. That’s as specific as I could make it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers guys. After an hour trying and a couple of visits to the online chat I sorted it. Our website really is complete dogshit isn’t it?

Yep it really is. One for Chris to look at and see if he can make money from it lol.

• Haha 1

Â