Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

On 12/06/2023 at 14:54, mrbojangles said:

Does anyone know roughly how long the waiting list is? Looking at getting season tickets soon for me and my lad, circumstances have changed and im fortunate enough to be in a position where i can now afford them and more to the point can both go (older now so could attend midweek games). ideally family stand or upper Holte however will literally take what i can get. Appreciate this wont be any time soon 😞

I joined the wait list May 4th 2022. 

I'm currently 23,600 in the queue as of 24th April 2023.

That's only an improvement of 16 spaces since the September 2022 update. It's going to be a long wait.

On 13/06/2023 at 18:50, MrBlack said:

Complete speculation really.

Not sure why Purslow would have a vested interest in saving face over that decision such that he'd leak that to the media. 

Hahaha. 

Constant criticism of Purslow based on nothing but speculation and rumour, but as soon as something is reported by an actual genuine journalist, it's fobbed off as speculation because it doesn't fit the narrative. 

Laughable. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I joined the wait list May 4th 2022. 

I'm currently 23,600 in the queue as of 24th April 2023.

That's only an improvement of 16 spaces since the September 2022 update. It's going to be a long wait.

I’m 7000 and something, and the year before I was just over 8000… it’s going to be ages. But I think the price rises and general affordability will unfortunately mean that fewer people can actually renew. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’m 7000 and something, and the year before I was just over 8000… it’s going to be ages. But I think the price rises and general affordability will unfortunately mean that fewer people can actually renew. 

Allegedly less than 1000 people didn't renew with the latest price increase

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Allegedly less than 1000 people didn't renew with the latest price increase

Wow, I would’ve expected more not to renew. We’ve got such an amazing fan base! 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hahaha. 

Constant criticism of Purslow based on nothing but speculation and rumour, but as soon as something is reported by an actual genuine journalist, it's fobbed off as speculation because it doesn't fit the narrative. 

Laughable. 

I liked Purslow and think he did a great job.  I also think the departure was largely amicable, so there is no narrative from me.

Laughable that you think a journalist saying "it is thought" isn't speculation.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2023 at 08:29, MrBlack said:

Laughable that you think a journalist saying "it is thought" isn't speculation.

Yes it is, unless there is a named source. But this is now off topic, so not in this thread.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing they may have decided to not sell the non renewals due to the relocation issue next year? I was pretty low and seen others lower that haven't been offered a chance to buy. 

With it only being 900 it probably makes sense as they should sell easy enough individually and eases the headache come next season.

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There club have announced STs have sold out 

After less than one thousand of the thirty thousand were not renewed, it's hardly newsworthy that the newly available STs were all sold.

The publicising could be seen as sharing a good news story but I strongly suspect it's main purpose is to emphasise the demand is still high and therefore the hike in prices was justified. Just no more, please Villa!

Just been on the official site and read this...

Season ticket holders are urged to read the accompanying letter that will advise of further information including changes to the terms and conditions, these are relating to penalties for passing on and/or the sale of both home and away tickets.

I wonder what changes they mean? I know that letting someone "borrow" your ST and seat for a game and they pay you back is not allowed, but interesting to see if there are other restrictions, such as if you cannot attend then you have only one option that is to release your ticket for the game back to Villa and get a proportion of the money back (is it 80%?). If your ST is linked to your mobile phone then its more difficult for you to let a mate use your seat for a game if you cannot make it...

Yes they do mention mobile phones entry on the official website.

I cannot make every game so I am intrigued by these changes to terms and conditions...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Just been on the official site and read this...

Season ticket holders are urged to read the accompanying letter that will advise of further information including changes to the terms and conditions, these are relating to penalties for passing on and/or the sale of both home and away tickets.

I wonder what changes they mean? I know that letting someone "borrow" your ST and seat for a game and they pay you back is not allowed, but interesting to see if there are other restrictions, such as if you cannot attend then you have only one option that is to release your ticket for the game back to Villa and get a proportion of the money back (is it 80%?). If your ST is linked to your mobile phone then its more difficult for you to let a mate use your seat for a game if you cannot make it...

Yes they do mention mobile phones entry on the official website.

I cannot make every game so I am intrigued by these changes to terms and conditions...

Screenshot whatever it is for the match to gain entry send to mate.

It's a pisstake if you have to give it back to the club and only get 80% of the value.

Hopefully they make it easy so you can just update the ticket online into your mates name.  If you give it for free or cover the cost I don't see an issue as long as its not every game.

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Screenshot whatever it is for the match to gain entry send to mate.

It's a pisstake if you have to give it back to the club and only get 80% of the value.

Hopefully they make it easy so you can just update the ticket online into your mates name.  If you give it for free or cover the cost I don't see an issue as long as its not every game.

I'd be surprised if they stopped you transferring a ticket to someone whose fan ID your account  is already linked to.  They never seemed to have a problem with this before for the odd game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

t's a pisstake if you have to give it back to the club and only get 80% of the value.

Especially annoying that the club give you 80% of 1/19th of your season ticket price but only if they've resold the same ticket for the 'match day' rate.

As an example for a 19 game season ticket cost of £760 which is £40 per game, the club sell it for the match day price of around £54 but then only give the season ticket holder £32.

Whilst the club need to cover the small administrative cost, surely they can give an ST holder who can't make an occasional game, the lower of 80% of the resold price or 100% of 1/19th of the ST cost! In my example, the season ticket holder would get £40 (exactly the pro-rata value) and the club still makes another £14.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

Especially annoying that the club give you 80% of 1/19th of your season ticket price but only if they've resold the same ticket for the 'match day' rate.

As an example for a 19 game season ticket cost of £760 which is £40 per game, the club sell it for the match day price of around £54 but then only give the season ticket holder £32.

Whilst the club need to cover the small administrative cost, surely they can give an ST holder who can't make an occasional game, the lower of 80% of the resold price or 100% of 1/19th of the ST cost! In my example, the season ticket holder would get £40 (exactly the pro-rata value) and the club still makes another £14.

Club don't give a **** about fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Club don't give a **** about fans.

I wouldn't go that far. They desire our money and Premier League football is partly dependent upon us creating a hyped atmosphere to make the product appear more desirable worldwide.

Â