Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Hopefully they'll price according to the opposition. Plenty of less known teams so hopefully we'll see £20 or less for some of the games and a fuller Villa Park because of this.

If this club has shown one thing it's not looking after fans. I fully expect a European game against some minnows from Albania to be class A price because of the prestige of Europe.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If this club has shown one thing it's not looking after fans. I fully expect a European game against some minnows from Albania to be class A price because of the prestige of Europe.

This will test the actual waiting list numbers. A random eastern European side for 40 quid plus at 6 pm on a Thursday? Would we sell it out?

The stevenage debacle springs to mind. That had 10,000 empty seats and it was a free ticket for season ticket holders.

• Like 1

Just seen on the villa site the matchday ticket prices, Im glad we renewed our season tickets, can see a few empty seats with the prices £51 to watch Luton at home 

Edited by rbcuk

Currently around 20 tickets available to season ticket holders for the Everton game to season ticket holders - Holte End still locked out.

Doesn't look like there will be much opportunity to buy extra for season ticket holders this season.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Currently around 20 tickets available to season ticket holders for the Everton game to season ticket holders - Holte End still locked out.

Doesn't look like there will be much opportunity to buy extra for season ticket holders this season.

Therefore what is the point of being a Claret member?, thought they get first dibs on tickets, followed by existing ST holders look to buy another ticket and then if any tickets left, general sale. Is it now the new normal to bypass Claret Members who want to buy a ticket on the Holte?

Totally disgusting if true

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Therefore what is the point of being a Claret member?, thought they get first dibs on tickets, followed by existing ST holders look to buy another ticket and then if any tickets left, general sale. Is it now the new normal to bypass Claret Members who want to buy a ticket on the Holte?

Totally disgusting if true

At the moment, nobody has been able to buy tickets in the Upper Holte. 

It was blocked off for members and it's still blocked off for season ticket holders.

I think we're all hopeful this will be a one off, while the club desperately scratches around for buyers for its Terrace View offer.

In the short term, there are question marks about how they'll sell whatever is left in the Upper Holte once they give up on that - it'd be nice to think they'd go to another members window, but I don't know if there will be time - if it goes to general sale, then at least every member had a chance to buy a ticket somewhere in the ground - but it still doesn't feel right.

It looks like the club are desperate not to have to try to sell 700 single game tickets each game for this area and are prepared to tough it out in order to try to sell season tickets there - in the meantime, every else can go fish.

• Sad 1

My season card just arrived in the post, they have just sent a letter with the card in it, due to supply chain issues the welcome pack will be arriving in august. 

so make sure to open any letters you have received as it does not look like the usual block package!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

My season card just arrived in the post, they have just sent a letter with the card in it, due to supply chain issues the welcome pack will be arriving in august. 

so make sure to open any letters you have received as it does not look like the usual block package!

I like the personal touch of 'Dear Supporter'. Cant even run a mail merge.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, blunther said:

I like the personal touch of 'Dear Supporter'. Cant even run a mail merge.

Yeah I noticed that too! In the Lambert years they would personalise everything and give you a card with your name on, it was a small gesture that went a long way. I suppose back then they needed the supporters as there were so many empty seats, now we are just a number, one of many wanting a seat!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Terrace view - £1560 ouch! 283 seats remaining.

283 of how many is the question

There are 1,000 places, some of those will be on a single game rather than season ticket basis. If it's half and half, then they've offered those season ticket places to 34,000 people and sold 213. 

I'd suggest that says they've got their offer wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are 1,000 places, some of those will be on a single game rather than season ticket basis. If it's half and half, then they've offered those season ticket places to 34,000 people and sold 213. 

Might get my nieces to count the number of grey dots 😂.. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm assuming the club will have wanted to sell the majority of the TV lounge capacity as a season package. Perhaps as high as 75% (750), which is similar to the season ticket ratio (around 30k of 39.6k home seats). This would guard against unused capacity in the games that were less glamorous/'special occasion' or awkward kick off times.

That might have worked if they'd priced it at £200 to include one pint per game, instead of £480 (or £781 if not an existing season ticket holder) for 2 pints, a programme and lanyard.

18 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm assuming the club will have wanted to sell the majority of the TV lounge capacity as a season package. Perhaps as high as 75% (750), which is similar to the season ticket ratio (around 30k of 39.6k home seats). This would guard against unused capacity in the games that were less glamorous/'special occasion' or awkward kick off times.

I dunno - the single game ones will make more money than a season ticket one on a game by game basis, and they'll probably be easier to sell - committing to an extra £30 when you can't get into a game is easier than committing to an extra £500 when you can't get a season ticket.

The problem isn't filling the spaces in the Terrace View, the problem is finding the spaces in the Upper Holte - that's why the club really wanted as many of these as possible to go to existing season ticket holders - there are 5,751 seats up there and a huge chunk of them (more proportionally than in other areas of the ground) are season tickets - that means there aren't that many seats empty - and that those that are aren't the best ones.

They could make more money selling the whole thing on a match-by-match basis, but they'd struggle to sit three fellas that had come over from Ireland next to each other.

As it is, one of the concerns is that I'm not sure that everyone buying a Terrace View season ticket realises they'll have the best lounge in the ground, but probably one of the worst seats in the Upper Holte.

• Like 1

Â