Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

It's a notepad with lined paper, an elasticated pen holder and one of those elasticated page-keeper type things (is there a specific name for it?).

The pen writes well and the key ring is nice.

Nicely boxed and all three items are decent quality.

Is the notepad cover claret? Looks almost a dark pink or is it the hoot although the pen looks ok?

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

It's a notepad with lined paper, an elasticated pen holder and one of those elasticated page-keeper type things (is there a specific name for it?).

I don’t why they bother with the gift boxes, rather my season ticket be £5 less.  My young nephew won’t know what a pen and notepad is for 😂 he’s with the modern age and uses technology devices to note things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Is the notepad cover claret? Looks almost a dark pink or is it the hoot although the pen looks ok?

Just the lighting making it look lighter. Looking at my photo, the notepad is actually about the same colour as the pen appears and the pen is very slightly darker. Definitely both what I'd associate as claret although that's subjective anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t why they bother with the gift boxes, rather my season ticket be £5 less.  My young nephew won’t know what a pen and notepad is for 😂 he’s with the modern age and uses technology devices to note things.

I'm guessing, even bulk buying 30,000 of them would cost at least a tenner each, especially when including the postage. Not wishing to sound ungrateful but I'd probably prefer £10 off the ST cost, but I suppose fans would then say 'the club doesn't care about our loyalty - they didn't even send out a welcome pack!'

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm guessing, even bulk buying 30,000 of them would cost at least a tenner each, especially when including the postage. Not wishing to sound ungrateful but I'd probably prefer £10 off the ST cost, but I suppose fans would then say 'the club doesn't care about our loyalty - they didn't even send out a welcome pack!'

Yeah I suppose but I never complained before I got gift packs when I renewed my season ticket.  Rather big discount on the home shirt…it would also save delivery costs, packaging costs and labour and we’d sell more shirts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brommy said:

It’s better than a slap in the face. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I suppose but I never complained before I got gift packs when I renewed my season ticket.  Rather big discount on the home shirt…it would also save delivery costs, packaging costs and labour and we’d sell more shirts.

Yes. I very rarely buy a replica shirt but I probably would with a big discount. I mean, how much does a nylon top made in a sweatshop cost anyway? They could probably turn a decent profit selling one for a tenner. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Rather big discount on the home shirt…it would also save delivery costs, packaging costs and labour and we’d sell more shirts.

Why would Fanatics give you a discount on their product for something that you bought from Aston Villa?

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why would Fanatics give you a discount on their product for something that you bought from Aston Villa?

Because Villa would cover the discount so Fanatics are not out of pocket.  The £10 they spend on notepad and pen instead could be used for that.  Whether discount or voucher doesn’t matter.  

How many people would prefer the money value equivalent off a shirt rather than spent on a notepad and pen? I would guess the majority.  

A notepad and pen is so out of date as a gift, it’s like at Christmas when one of your elderly family members gifts you a box of cotton hankerchiefs. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Villa fans complaining about not getting anything free with their season ticket. Then complaining about what they get free with their season ticket when the free stuff comes through. 

We are miserable sods. 

No, as I’ve said before I was more than happy when I just renewed my season ticket and no free stuff(not free by the way).  I don’t know why we need a gift anyway but if they are going to give us a gift then a pen and notepad is a bit old fashioned given we mostly hold information and notes in mobile and computer devices these days.  Just like last years mine will likely just be shoved in the downstairs cupboard.

Mrs Sidcow commented that the different reaction from me and my son couldn't have been more of a contrast. 

I did the dour acceptance asking for a tenner off instead of this shit. 

20 Yr old son overjoyed enthusing about his pen and notepad. As Mrs Sidcow said, I'm not sure he's ever even used a notepad 🙂

• Haha 1

Â