• Ramsey (Coutinho 62)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 67)
    • Bailey (Buendía 67)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Durán (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/23 at 23:59

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They were clearly offside but did they impact Martinez's vision. I think Martinez had a clear view of the path of the ball once struck as it went in off him on the other side the goal. If he had been hit straight or or to the left side of the goal it would have impacted his vision. 

Looks at McGinns disallowed goal, the keepers view wasn't even close to been blocked, Martinez could not see the ball when it was struck, the Arsenal player ducked to give him a clear shot.

Our  apathy towards bad decisions is killing us , Arsenal would have and would be going ballastic if it was against them.

The press are supporting them winging about the rough treatment Saka got with no mention of his over the top lunge that should have resulted in a red card, or at least a yellow. Neither was given. The lino saw it and was opened mouthed in shock but flagged for a throw in, it's outrageous that decisions are being made that are this bad and we're at home.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Doesn't look too bad in terms of positioning - we should maybe have someone pushing out closer to Jorginho, but they're in a good solid block. Perhaps there's a possible overload on Arsenal's right, but I think we could get men out there.

Ultimately the line have done really well to ensure there are two players offside, the defence has done their job, the officials have let us down on it.

I await the PGMOL telling us that the ball hitting the back of Martinez's head constitutes a different phase of play or some other stupid excuse for having gotten this one very wrong. Arsenal demanded, and succeeded in getting an official sacked for a very similar incident last week; they're predictably quiet on this one.

I should add that one of the Arsenal players is stretching and bending up and down in front of Dibu to throw him off. The cheating is so blatant. I’m disappointed we didn’t make a fuss tbh. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

2 goals is enough to win a game at home.

I agree it should but I think you have to put that into the perspective of being up against the side top of the league who before yesterday had scored 2 or more goals away from home against Spurs, Brighton, Wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth and Palace. 

As already discussed their third goal yesterday should have been ruled out and their 4th isn't even worth worrying about given it was the last seconds of the game and our keeper was 100 yards up the pitch. 

You could certainly make an argument they also could have had another couple of goals, but you can also make the same argument for us. My overall feeling yesterday though was that Arsenal just about deserved the win but we gave them a hell of a game and I think much of the crowd felt that way given the send off the players got at the end of the match. That our manager was highly disappointed/frustrated after the game was also great to see/hear as it shows the high standards he is setting so overall plenty to be positive about.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Doesn't look too bad in terms of positioning - we should maybe have someone pushing out closer to Jorginho, but they're in a good solid block. Perhaps there's a possible overload on Arsenal's right, but I think we could get men out there.

Ultimately the line have done really well to ensure there are two players offside, the defence has done their job, the officials have let us down on it.

I await the PGMOL telling us that the ball hitting the back of Martinez's head constitutes a different phase of play or some other stupid excuse for having gotten this one very wrong. Arsenal demanded, and succeeded in getting an official sacked for a very similar incident last week; they're predictably quiet on this one.

I respectfully disagree on the positioning....the Arsenal overload on the right, could have had alternative implications, but I digress.

One should have broke out to shut down or distract Jorginho, at that late stage of the game and score line , but hey ho.

The offside, I am unsure.

I do agree on the selective process of officials.....but we can't keep feeling sorry for ourselves, we have to fight back.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I hope someone goes all Ben Mee on Saka. Horrible little scrotum! The whining pleb. 

I wish we had him in our team. 

To be fair I have never seen saka so wound up. We did a pretty good job on him really. We obviously targeted him as their main threat 

Another thing that has really annoyed me is the way Arteta once again has nothing positive to say about the team that his team beat. We ran his lot so close, but he is not even prepared to admit that it was a difficult game. He's such an easy bloke to dislike. 

image.jpeg.c8adbe4af80d316493300fb59bd31a51.jpeg Arteta: 'We showed a lot of character and resilience to win Aston Villa game'  - Football | Tribuna.com

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I would like to put a few speech balloons in on our players in that shot......" who are you marking" and "who are you marking"

Insufferable.

So negative it's mental. 

Why watch Villa? It must ruin your day.

A couple of ifs. I don't think we are going to like them.

• If Kamara was goal-side of Zinchenko, would he have scored?
  • If Kamara had gone out to tackle Jorgiinho, would the attacker have had time to get such a nice shot away?

And it did look off-side to me anyway.

and  mean would Zinchenko have scored

Edited by fruitvilla

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

When not trying to injure Moreno, he's trying to fight Phil. How did Saka stay on the pitch?  Saliba should have been off for grabbing Dougie's face too 

Sakas ankle breaker on Moreno,the offside goal and Nketiah not booked for a blatant dive.Games not rigged at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, calcifer said:

I hope someone goes all Ben Mee on Saka. Horrible little scrotum! The whining pleb. 

He is a horrible crying little clearing in the woods, if he was a foreign player he would be called out for his antics. Somebody will hurt him if he keeps the wannabee hardman act up

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

They were clearly offside but did they impact Martinez's vision. I think Martinez had a clear view of the path of the ball once struck as it went in off him on the other side the goal. If he had been hit straight or or to the left side of the goal it would have impacted his vision. 

Is a guy right in front of where he dives. Its as blatant an interference as you will.get

On 18/02/2023 at 14:27, Farlz said:

We are shit 

The fan base? Yeah quite often.

Fortunately the team is pretty good and can play against top of the league and probably deserve points.

Â