• Ramsey (Coutinho 62)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 67)
    • Bailey (Buendía 67)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Durán (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/23 at 23:59

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes we can be good losers in exciting games and some of our counter attacking football is sublime but the fact is we give away the ball too often. That could be down to Martinez , the back 4 but as a team we dont keep the ball well enough. If we keep the ball they cant hurt us. Also theres too many fundemental mistakes happening. Mings not playing the percentages for their first goal, no marking for the short corner in which the same thing happened against Stevenage. We have to be more switched on than that. 

Yes it was Arsenal we played against and they are a very good team but Everton with lesser players showed how you can beat them and  some knock their defenders but i would take Tarkowski over Mings or Konsa anyday. 

Spot on.

its ok for Everton to beat them.....Arsenal much have had an off day.😀

1 hour ago, John said:

I thought that the players gave everything they had yesterday and were as devastated as we were when those two late goals produced a score that more than flattered the Gooners, and their obnoxious entitled fans. I thought that a point was the least that we deserved and that opinion was reinforced when Forest stole a point with a late goal, from a game they could have been 5 down in, before they equalised, without a huge slice of luck.

Talking of luck, we really had none yesterday. Bailey hits the bar and the moments later they do the same, but in their case the ball bounces in off Emi's head and then in a moment of madness Emi decides to go up for a late corner. I'm sure I wasn't alone in predicting that would be very likely to end in tears and so sadly it did. Both late goals came in "Fergie Time", after the referee decided to penalise Emi for time wasting, having been implored to do so by their fans and players. Those two late goals cued wild celebrations from their players and their bench, despite their obvious relief and gloating, title races are seldom won in March though.   

I get the luck thing John....but they had bad luck too, with a couple of sitters missed.....The stats were overwhelmingly in their favour, and the second half they were camped in our half.

In boxing, we would have lost on points.

Its happened too many times like this to be bad luck.....but I understand its a good pacifier.

I just want UE to fix it.....The previous managers couldn't.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Again individual errors and poor finishing has cost us. 

If those 2 chances in injury time (Bailey/Duran) fall to Cameron Archer then we win 4-2 

2 goals is enough to win a game at home.

Everton beat them by the odd goal.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, John said:

I thought that the players gave everything they had yesterday and were as devastated as we were when those two late goals produced a score that more than flattered the Gooners, and their obnoxious entitled fans. I thought that a point was the least that we deserved and that opinion was reinforced when Forest stole a point with a late goal, from a game they could have been 5 down in, before they equalised, without a huge slice of luck.

Talking of luck, we really had none yesterday. Bailey hits the bar and the moments later they do the same, but in their case the ball bounces in off Emi's head and then in a moment of madness Emi decides to go up for a late corner. I'm sure I wasn't alone in predicting that would be very likely to end in tears and so sadly it did. Both late goals came in "Fergie Time", after the referee decided to penalise Emi for time wasting, having been implored to do so by their fans and players. Those two late goals cued wild celebrations from their players and their bench, despite their obvious relief and gloating, title races are seldom won in March though.   

sadly, we keep walking in to the sucker punches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I get the luck thing John....but they had bad luck too, with a couple of sitters missed.....The stats were overwhelmingly in their favour, and the second half they were camped in our half.

In boxing, we would have lost on points.

Its happened too many times like this to be bad luck.....but I understand its a good pacifier.

I just want UE to fix it.....The previous managers couldn't.

He will, I'm confident of that, but it will take a while. 

Just now, tinker said:

This one , two Arsenal players clearly offside and blocking Martinez's view. 

Screenshot_20230218_191513_Chrome.jpg

I have to be honest, the rules have changed that much, I have conceded too.

Isn't it just the goalscorer, these days, who has to be off side?

I thought the interefering with play bit was dropped?

A few marking their own mates there though....Ball watching.

as I say, I am not sure, now.

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Didn't we get one chalked off for the same reason, with only one player blocking the keeper's vision last season? I'm sure if we had scored that one, VAR would have looked at it a little more closely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

They haven't changed, they are just ignored depending on what team benefits from them.

Screenshot_20230218_143430_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, John said:

Didn't we get one chalked off for the same reason, with only one player blocking the keeper's vision last season? I'm sure if we had scored that one, VAR would have looked at it a little more closely. 

Yes we did

Screenshot_20230219_062111_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

They were clearly offside but did they impact Martinez's vision. I think Martinez had a clear view of the path of the ball once struck as it went in off him on the other side the goal. If he had been hit straight or or to the left side of the goal it would have impacted his vision. 

Edited by PaulC

11 minutes ago, John said:

The only thing is John, and as galling as it is......we have to look at ourselves and not search for excuses.

No one else, is going to help us.

The siege mentality, we employed at Spurs and Brighton, seems to have evaporated.

We have to undertstand and execute the art of shutting teams down....our really creative work, is being undermined, and dismissed by basic derisory defending.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

You have two Arsenal players blocking his view which makes it illegal play. If VAR ruled they weren’t, I honestly give up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They were clearly offside but did they impact Martinez's vision. I think Martinez had a clear view of the path of the ball once struck as it went in off him on the other side the goal. If he had been hit straight or or to the left side of the goal it would have impacted his vision. 

but that image, also tells another story of our positioning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but that image, also tells another story of our positioning.

I would like to put a few speech balloons in on our players in that shot......" who are you marking" and "who are you marking"

Â