Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

The Colombian manager who is actually Argentinian is planning for the 2026 WC so he's called up many up and coming youngsters with potential. We don't have that much quality upfront aside from a 36 year old Falcao, Luis Díaz who's more of a wide left forward not a consistent goalscorer and despite playing in Qatar and Greece we still have to play James Rodríguez who seems to be more motivated by other things outside playing football

I really liked Zapata I think he would have done well in England but the injury he got last season I think has ruined him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Don't know much about him but he seems the sort of signing that Brighton would make and then our fans would complain that we aren't doing the same. 

If Unai wants him, thats good enough for me. 

At the same time feel Brighton would have paid around £5M for him not £14M. 

If it works out - then happy days, but if it turn out to be like Wesley or Traore - same fans celebrating the signing will be ripping the club for financial mismanagement. 

• Like 1

It’s been said so many time already but just to reiterate. He’s very young and seems to be a really raw talent. He will need patience from the fans!

I can see him getting some mins off the bench this season and hopefully making an impact. 

I do love these out of nowhere transfers Villa have pulled over the last few years! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really liked Zapata I think he would have done well in England but the injury he got last season I think has ruined him

A fit Zapata would have had a big chance to be successful in the Premier League he has the right attributes for the league. The injury and big chances missed in important qualifiers meant he couldn't make the center forward role his in the NT. Muriel is another one that is a mercurial talent with purple goalscoring patches every now and then but injuries have costed him big time. Historically colombian players are very inconsistent, very talented, but mentally we lack resilience. If Tino Asprilla had half the discipline and mentality of CR7 he would have been a world class player. JPA wasn't the most talented from his generation but one of the most professional and willing to work on his weaknesses. Hopefully Duran being young means he can be coached to fulfill his potential and be a star for Villa

10 minutes ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

A fit Zapata would have had a big chance to be successful in the Premier League he has the right attributes for the league. The injury and big chances missed in important qualifiers meant he couldn't make the center forward role his in the NT. Muriel is another one that is a mercurial talent with purple goalscoring patches every now and then but injuries have costed him big time. Historically colombian players are very inconsistent, very talented, but mentally we lack resilience. If Tino Asprilla had half the discipline and mentality of CR7 he would have been a world class player. JPA wasn't the most talented from his generation but one of the most professional and willing to work on his weaknesses. Hopefully Duran being young means he can be coached to fulfill his potential and be a star for Villa

Zapata/Muriel works so well at Atalanta and Muriel is very good from the bench. Falcao is the one I would say was elite but he had bad injuries. Hoping Jhon is better

I always like Colombia from the South American teams. They always have players that look they are just having fun over the years. Carlos Sanchez was probably the happiest destroyer ever 

• Like 2

After becoming an expert on him by watching YouTube for 2 mins, my initial reactions:

• Good finisher
  • Good in the air
  • Very strong
  • Quick (although might not look as quick in the PL...)
  • Heavy touch

I'd worry about the touch because the PL will be a lot less forgiving of it, but he looks a threat around the box.

• Like 2

Â