Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not saying this to be negative about the signing, you can only beat what’s put in front of you and if we were signing a promising teenager from League One that would also be exciting, but watching those videos and MLS defences really are so bad aren’t they? Laughable. I think League One is generous. 

Would personally put more weight on the 3 Colombia caps by age 18 to be honest, given the other forward players they have available. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not saying this to be negative about the signing, you can only beat what’s put in front of you and if we were signing a promising teenager from League One that would also be exciting, but watching those videos and MLS defences really are so bad aren’t they? Laughable. I think League One is generous. 

But suggesting negativity anyway l

Just now, Steero113 said:

Would personally put more weight on the 3 Colombia caps by age 18 to be honest, given the other forward players they have available. 

Yes agreed, like I say it wasn’t a comment on the signing - hope he turns out very good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Look at the teams after him. That's the more relevant point. Clearly they all see the potential to improve and cope with a higher standard of opposition. 

We have him..let's see how he progresses 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Is that JPA’s Son? 

I’ve heard he is highly rated as well

Yes, he is JPA's son. He's rated but playing for the biggest team in Colombia he has struggled to get minutes in a team that's expected to compete for the title every season and last year he had to compete with the 2nd historical goalscorer of the club who was ridiculously out of form so you wonder why Tomás wasn't played a lot more. And also there's a new manager who prefers to coach and integrate youngsters so everyone agrees this should benefit him but he has to take his chances if he wants to advance in his career.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

You love to see it 

Probably BS. In the original article linking us to Duran, Brentford and Fulham were the other 2 teams who had apparently bid for him. Given Brentford's scouting ability for identifying players with potential, that isn't a bad thing. But to say champion's league teams were after him is a bit of a stretch. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Probably BS. In the original article linking us to Duran, Brentford and Fulham were the other 2 teams who had apparently bid for him. Given Brentford's scouting ability for identifying players with potential, that isn't a bad thing. But to say champion's league teams were after him is a bit of a stretch. 

Benfica, Liverpool and Chelsea were all linked with him.

30 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Not sure how i feel about this one.

Is he going to be straight in the first team squad or what?

I don't think he will be straight into the first team, but will probably be training with them. It would be best for him to stay with us, rather than a loan to the championship, as he will benefit more from unai's elite level coaching. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Benfica, Liverpool and Chelsea were all linked with him.

Too much information 

I'll get me coat

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The Colombian manager who is actually Argentinian is planning for the 2026 WC so he's called up many up and coming youngsters with potential. We don't have that much quality upfront aside from a 36 year old Falcao, Luis Díaz who's more of a wide left forward not a consistent goalscorer and despite playing in Qatar and Greece we still have to play James Rodríguez who seems to be more motivated by other things outside playing football

Edited by Guardian_Angel_M
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â