Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Duran is currently in Colombia preparing to take part in the 2023 South American under-20 Championship. Colombia is in Group A alongside Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Peru, and will open the tournament on Thursday against Paraguay.

Something to watch on Thursday 😀

This U20 squad has been somewhat controversial because during the preparation games Tomás Angel was the team's leading scorer with 8 goals and was left out with no solid reason to explain. I'm guessing they see Duran as the long term project and want to give him minutes for him to be ready for WC qualifiers. Hopefully with Emery coaching him we can see a rapid development in his skill set so he can be a success in the PL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'm reading he cost 18m +10m in bonuses. That's crazy.

Where are you reading that??

Fee is in U.S. dollars but using the current exchange rate, the fee has been widely reported by usually trusted media channels as approximately £14.75m, plus a possible £3.25m in performance bonuses.

If we end up paying the full £18m, he'll have been worth it.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe some are questioning the fee when we paid £8.5m for Samatta. 

Completely forgot about him. That happened only 3 years ago. A few things have happened since what with Covid and everything.  Ran around a lot but was useless. Have had a look at what he has done since Villa and the short answer is not a lot.

Edited by The Fun Factory

13 minutes ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

This U20 squad has been somewhat controversial because during the preparation games Tomas Angel was the team's leading scorer with 8 goals and was left out with no solid reason to explain. I'm guessing they see Duran as the long term project and want to give him minutes for him to be ready for WC qualifiers. Hopefully with Emery coaching him we can see a rapid development in his skill set so he can be a success in the PL

Is that JPA’s Son? 

I’ve heard he is highly rated as well

9 minutes ago, brommy said:

Where are you reading that??

Fee is in U.S. dollars but using the current exchange rate, the fee has been widely reported by usually trusted media channels as approximately £14.75m, plus a possible £3.25m in performance bonuses.

If we end up paying the full £18m, he'll have been worth it.

I didn't put in a currency on purpose because I'm not entirely sure. It's doing the rounds on reddit and social media. Regardless it adds a bit of context and he isn't some £2m youngster we're throwing unto the U21s.

Not saying this to be negative about the signing, you can only beat what’s put in front of you and if we were signing a promising teenager from League One that would also be exciting, but watching those videos and MLS defences really are so bad aren’t they? Laughable. I think League One is generous. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

With all that pace I hope he can slow down quickly and doesn't just keep running Through The Barricades

Is that right? 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I was going to do a Martin Kemp joke but then remembered he was in Spandau Ballet… you’re all welcome 

Did it for you already!

• Haha 1

Â