Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, birdman said:

He's quite a unit... 

I've seen some scintillating youtube highlight videos of players who turned out to not be all that. I'm not exactly blown away by how many of these clips are of him falling over

• Like 2

19 years old, already capped 3 times for Colombia. He's hardly likely to be a donkey considering some of their forwards like Muriel and Diaz.

Don't know anything about him, but I'm optimistic. I don't think Unai would accept a dud.

Let's just see how he gets on, the jump in standard is such from one league to the other than there's no sure-fire way of knowing how he'll get on, but he's clearly rated by those that know more about him and was apparently sought after by better sides than Villa, so reasons to be encouraged all the same.

Sometimes folk complain about our transfer policy relative to Brighton, Brentford etc but then when we make a signing in that mould there's complaints about being unproven, underwhelming highlights videos etc. 

• Like 1

Hang on. I saw the first tweet from the club and thought "cool, done deal"

The actual article

The deal is subject to the player passing a medical, agreeing personal terms and obtaining the necessary work visa.

Why are we announcing it before he's even had a medical? That's a bit weird ain't it?

Just now, Davkaus said:

The actual article

Why are we announcing it before he's even had a medical? That's a bit weird ain't it?

We've done it a few times now. Did with Bailey iirc. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The actual article

Fairly standard. We wouldn’t make such an announcement without these ducks already lined up. More formalities. 

Â