Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

Bournemouth's C team spanked a mostly full-strength Everton side the other day. It's about who wants it more on the day. This team is more than capable I think. It's our first choice midfield, and both of our 30m strikers are starting.

• Like 3

If that lineup wins then Emery truly is the god I hope he might be.  United look to have a  stronger lineup than the one that played us in the league, but with Maguire in defence they'll be very leaky. 

Could be an open game

Why is everyone stuck in the past ? If Emery is the coach we think he is why can’t these players be different with his input? It’s too Villa to hope they might improve.

let’s just be shit we like that feeling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

If that lineup wins then Emery truly is the god I hope he might be.  United look to have a  stronger lineup than the one that played us in the league, but with Maguire in defence they'll be very leaky. 

Could be an open game

Lindelof and Maguire is a relegation CB partnership. 

McGinn will play behind the front 2, same position he has for Scotland and its suits him. We have a squad,  we need to use it. 

Need to concentrate from the first minute and start the game quickly , get amongst them and don't let them settle. Issue will be if we start to hit it long and turn possession over to quickly, this is McGinn's responsibility.  

• Like 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Nowt wrong with that starting line up, strong bench

Really? If Gerrard put that side out,he'd be crucified

I can understand he needs to see some of the options available to him, but it's not a good lineup by any stretch

• Like 3

I'm very pessimistic about this match, even more so having seen this team. But... Maybe, just maybe, another few days of Emery training, tactics and confidence building will have an impact. A few players here needing to perform to prove they deserve a stating place. I have faith Unai knows what he's doing.