Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

What a difference a couple of hours can make , you were talking about reaching the final earlier.

Thought we would go stronger.

There are some really bad players in there

Edited by Pinebro
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I don’t mind the lineup except for Olsen. He’ll obviously play in early cup rounds like this (and I would imagine Martinez is happy to be on the bench this close to the WC) but really don’t believe Olsen is good enough.

i dreaded seeing olsen name in goal tonight

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Have to say it looks a weak side.

I'b be amazed if we win this.

People have been wanting to see Chambers and Luiz/Kamara is probably our strongest double pivot.

Question marks for Augustinsson and Olsen maybe, but those two are swedish and not going to the World cup (which means they can give 100% and get injured with a smile on their faces)

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Just now, villanmac said:

Both surprised and so disappointed by that side. Especially the keeper. I didn't see that one coming, ah well.

We need to know if Olsen can do the job if (please no) Martinez gets injured. It would be irresponsible to try him in the league in the position we are in ATM, the cup is the best opportunity.

If he can't cut it then we need a stand in keeper brought in ASAP.

We will go through on penalties and Olsen will be the hero 😬

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I was pissed off when Gerrard went full strength against Bolton instead of playing at least a few kids.

No kids tonight either 🥲 but Emery is excused, he’ll want to see as many of his regular players as possible in action before the break.

Tbf , I don't think a fixture like this is one for kids, or at least, too many. A cup run could be vital for momentum and that is something we are going to desperately need this season. 

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Not confident TBH. They have gone strong to save face I reckon as 2 losses in a row against us would not be palatable for their self righteous fanbase. 

Oh well the important one was on Sunday in reality.

The fa cup is still there.

That's the thing with utd a game like this though, they have this mega expensive squad largely made up of chancers vs us who you would at the very least hope will want to run through walls for the new guy

I'd want us to out fight these lot regardless of the line up and that gives us a chance

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If that lineup wins then Emery truly is the god I hope he might be.  United look to have a  stronger lineup than the one that played us in the league, but with Maguire in defence they'll be very leaky. 

Could be an open game

Difference between Gerrard and Emery is that Emery has a plan for every player and as a team.  

While he’s picked a different team it’s going to throw off Man U which is a good start because I doubt they were expecting this line up and I think he’s picked players to do specific jobs he wants.  

I’m very intrigued by what he’s done and looking more forward to the game.  It wouldn’t surprise me if we won.  

It’s always going to be extremely difficult getting anything from Old Trafford so I’m keen to see why he’s picked this team if it’s more than just saving the strongest team for the Brighton game. I’m guessing it is more than that because he has said he wants to win a cup as a massive goal.

• Like 1