Pre-Match Thread: Doing the double

tinker

1 minute ago, tinker said:

We need to know if Olsen can do the job if (please no) Martinez gets injured. It would be irresponsible to try him in the league in the position we are in ATM, the cup is the best opportunity.

If he can't cut it then we need a stand in keeper brought in ASAP.

We will go through on penalties and Olsen will be the hero 😬

You just reminding me that this can go to pens and we will have a certifiable beast of a shootout keeper sat on the bench makes me even sadder.

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Brighton is more important. 

We could have gone full strength for both. 2 games in 4 days with only Martinez and Cash from the starting XI going to the World Cup. I think they could have managed. Big chance to put a marker down beating Utd twice in a week, being in the hat for the next round and keeping the feel good factor going. Nonetheles, hope we can still do that 

Whatever happens tonight I’m just happy to be able to look forward to watching us play again. I know we’ll make a game of it under Emery and the team will have a decent plan to win the game. We may we’ll lose but it won’t be in the manner of the previous regime (I hope not anyway).

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Im not too bothered by Ings and McGinn coming in. Im more worried about Mings, Martinez, Digne and Cash not playing. I feel thats where the game will be lost. 

UTV

Don't forget Buendia

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Im not too bothered by Ings and McGinn coming in. Im more worried about Mings, Martinez, Digne and Cash not playing. I feel thats where the game will be lost. 

UTV

The oldies and the injury prone lad makes sense. 

Think Unai will plan to soak up pressure - and try to lure United all the way in while leaving Ings and Watkins up front to go 2v2.

But I expect a rough first half here until the cavalry arrives in the second half.