2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

What a bloody relief! Watkins, Ings & Dendoncker superb. 

Fingers crossed this shackle free football continues as it was so refreshing to see today. Like a weight has been lifted around the club. Now it’s time to make it count and win a few more.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

Also said if in the match thread but I have been wanting Bailey on the left for ages and it today showed me why, because he doesn’t have to slow down he can keep driving then deliver on his left foot 

Interesting point... like his stunning goal v Everton (his first for the club), he just bombed down the left wing and smashed thr ball without slowing down.

Edited by robby b
  • Thanks 1

Forget the tactics, forget the formation, forget the subs(even though I think he got everything right) it's too short a timeframe for that for me, it's all man management.

Danks said the right thing to get these players sprinting out the blocks and then to put an absolute shift in, to a man each one was a million miles better than anything so far this season.

Wowwww who the f**k were they 🤩 look at the f**king difference!!!!! AMAZING stuff

Drop that tw** Mcginn and Ramsey set up a new formation and play with more width and walaaa 🥶 

Luiz was absolutely sensational!! … Young, Ings and Bailey just behind him in terms of performance. 

You could see the difference when mcginn and coutinho came on we lost that balance as much as coutinho lost the bloody ball.

Very impressed with today’s display for the first time this season and probably much of the last season too.

Luiz MoTM 

A solid midfield will always give you a chance to build.

Pretty much everyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge knows that.

Donk and doug were great. Shows just how good donk was as when he came off and mcginn came on we dropped a level.

The first 11 were outstanding and played as a team with proper team selection.

Bailey came back from possibly the most lazy shocking performance in a villa shirt for a good few years to being the star of the show.

Playing on the left no slow cut backs and losing it, no slow cut backs and shooting into the defence, just 90% forward movement which created less greediness. Great goal, then 2 great assists. MOTM for me as he did everything he could and 99% of it worked.

Close 2nd were

Luiz, looks back to lockdown 1 form, playing with another player who will hold , defend, move it forwards and cover has meant he has moved back up a level.

Ings, having players play the balls he needs, you see what we have, a real goal threat and scorer who will also link up play.

Young, tactical challenges, staying down breaking up the flow of Brentford, threading the ball to Bailey for ings 1st, putting his body on the line. Loved him, then at man utd hated him then loved him again.

None of them could have excelled without their team mates, donk was instrumental in our midfield which helped the defence and forwards, mings cash and konsa cut out the basic errors, emi claiming balls to give the whole team more confidence and emi b battling, hussling, little through balls, clever hold up play, drawing fouls and retaining possession.

You know its your teams day when watkins manages to score. He was the least great player today in our 1st, still poor passes and touches and silly fouls but hopefully he can relax now, get confidence from the goal and the chance to still be in the team.

Subs were at a decent time, taking off donk and putting mcginn on was for me a mistake, we dropped a level and our possession went down. Understand why he brought him on at 4 nil but maybe swapping him for emi b would have been better.

Chambers looked a bit rusty but no playing time he will but still tried to support the attack and defended ok.

Ramsey on with mcginn and you deffo know our performance will lack further and adding in big phil just made us 2 levels dropped but again, I understand why he was brought on so kudos to danks, he doesn't want to alienate players in mcginn and big phill.

From a selfish and 2 fingers to the dirty scouser I would have loved sanson and Freddie G to have played, even for 5 minutes, just to show them that they are valued by the club and just how much of a cocksmith slippy really is.

• Like 3

Keen to see how we get on next week before I get too excited but it goes without saying that it appears as though the shackles were lifted today, one way or another.

Gutted I couldn’t watch the majority of the first half but it sounded like we could have had even more.

Great to see a reaction from the squad, great to see McGinn dropped - I have no issue with him other than the fact that he’s been underperforming for the whole season and needed dropping - great to see the strikers on the scoresheet and to keep a clean sheet.

Great stuff, from team selection, and formation to commitment to execution.

I don’t get all the praise for the 5 substitutions.  The level clearly dropped significantly after McGinn, Ramsey and Coutinho came on.  None of them came close to matching the performance of the players they replaced.  Personally, I would have loved to see Sanson.  Not to stick it to Gerrard but because Danks had changed things up and it was working brilliantly so why not stay with the theme.

• Like 1

A real breath of fresh air to see a group of players finally being allowed to play to their strengths. Unharnessed and allowed to express themselves. What a refief!! 

Difficult to choose a MOTM . Bailey, Luiz and Bendoncker were excellent.

• Like 1

Â