2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

Brilliant today, Luiz was awesome closely followed by Young. They were at it from the off and with the handbrake off and players playing in their more natural positions we were all over Brentford for the first half.

Please Sir, can I have some more?

Gerrard just overcomplicated things.

Placing players in these ridiculous roles and absurd formations.

Danks just made things simple and picked players in their natural roles and allowed them to express themselves.

Football doesn't have to be a complicated game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard just overcomplicated things.

Placing players in these ridiculous roles and absurd formations.

Danks just made things simple and picked players in their natural roles and allowed them to express themselves.

Football doesn't have to be a complicated game.

Aye, self evidently Gerrard & his 5 hand picked coaches (all now sacked) had no idea what they were doing. I am delighted about today but also angry at the wasted months under Gerrard & co. Frauds.

• Like 1

Such a relief to see that we have that in us as I was starting to worry that we’d brought in a lot of players that have no interest in the club and who can’t play together. Today proved otherwise. Gave Bailey MOTM just about over Luiz for his goal involvements and massive improvement. Thought Buendia was closest to those 2 and then Dendonker, Young and Mings also superb.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well done today. Incredible result and performances.

I do always wonder when this type of thing happens. Coach steps up when manager sacked and makes a load of changes.

Was he telling Stevie to do these things and was ignored?

Did he feel there was no point in raising his views as he felt he wouldn’t be listened to?

I think the lads at some Villa podcast mentioned that it was almost as if our players had been instructed to not press under Gerrard. But in general I think it was a lot of psychology behind this win, for many reasons. So far it is a rare one off.

• Like 1

Just now, villaslash said:

The media and “experts” baffle me sometimes. I’m looking at the BBC player ratings. The lowest rated player is Ings with 5.02 then Coutinho with 6.28. Ings who scored a brace and linked the ball beautifully while running the full 90. 🤨

Those player ratings aren't from the BBC, they're on the BBC... they're from members of the public who give players a rating during the game. Anyway... it is very weird that Ings only got 5.02 somehow, given he scored twice inside the first 14 minutes (maybe the BBC employee monitoring the public's votes made a typing error?!)

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well done today. Incredible result and performances.

I do always wonder when this type of thing happens. Coach steps up when manager sacked and makes a load of changes.

Was he telling Stevie to do these things and was ignored?

Did he feel there was no point in raising his views as he felt he wouldn’t be listened to?

He was probably biding his time, reporting back to Gerrard from the training pitch every week that the midfield looked solid and McGinn had scored another hat-trick.

3 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

In the pre match thread I said I hope we smashed them after dropping McGinn to show gerrard where he was going wrong. And that’s exactly what they did. Bravo! 

Don't think it was mainly down to that though. Needed to happen obvs but I think the shape and giving the players clear roles playing to their strengths was massive. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villaslash said:

The media and “experts” baffle me sometimes. I’m looking at the BBC player ratings. The lowest rated player is Ings with 5.02 then Coutinho with 6.28. Ings who scored a brace and linked the ball beautifully while running the full 90. 🤨

SG is part of the football establishment. We got some increased attention at first when we hired him, and now we're going to get some backlash after firing him. I'm not going to let any of it bother me.

Was not optimistic before kick off but a dream start and we just bossed it. Played without  seemingly any pressure and shows that we have  a half decent squad if we get a comptent manager it. It was one of those days in which everything went right with the var checks and taking the penalty but it was just good to see postive front foot attacking play. And width!

Bailey man of the match for me but luiz,dendocker, and young also had good games. Young is seemingly turning into a bit of a alan hutton cult hero.

Today slightly reminded of the game v Derby when Grealish came back and out of nowhere we battered them. Not saying we will win 10 in a row but it could be the kick start to the season- well until at least the world cup break.

• Like 1

Â