2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

Just got home.  

What a result.  

Just shows how much relief there is going around from players to fans and that we can play.  

A section of fans in the Holte at the 20th minute singing “Are you watching Stevie G” made me laugh.  Only one game but the best decision we made was letting Gerrard go and everybody feels relieved.  

Players played a higher press, played like they actually enjoyed the game and with freedom and they looked like there was cohesion between them.

Great day!

• Like 1

When Villa win, it makes watching any subsequent Prem match so much more enjoyable. 

Even Peter Drury can't spoil this Spuds-Toon tilt.

Edited by maqroll

53 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The formation change was so obvious, but yet so effective

Changing sides for Watkins and Bailey was equally effective. They could cross with their strong foot without checking back , especially Bailey . With Donk and Luiz behind him you can play Buendia in that role and not lose anything. He works like a trojan to get the ball back. 

I am on my way to getting **** mullered, I thought I'd have a few beers to numb the pain before the match started, then the match started and I started to remember how it felt to drink through sheer euphoria, match has finished and its a pre-meditated fall off the wagon for me, I've gone up the road got a load of beer in and I'm gunna wake up tomorrow with a thick head and work from home.

usually I drink coffee and turn off after an hours

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Annoyman said:

Older viewers will recall everyone thinking Kevin McDonald should get the job full time after a good post-M'ON start in 2010  and us then losing 6-0 to Newcastle, so not getting carried away, but for now: Thanks Danks - Thdanks

Our next game is away at Newcastle, who’ve we got down to take the Carew orbital penalty?

• Like 1

Rushed back through Saudi Traffic to watch the game so glad I Did! Absolute masterclass all over the pitch, gave Motm to Bailey I had a feeling this season we've not seen the best of him...more to come I hope.

The midfield of Doug and Donk worked well and Tyrone Mings didn't miss a beat today, he headed every ball like he was smashing an asteroid back outta earth's atmosphere!!!

Happy as, just wish I could get a drink now

Honorable mentions to Ashley young. Proper pro, clever football brain, Cash and Konsa and Emi B all ran their socks off.

• Like 1

Brilliant afternoon at VP. I had Covid when we beat Soton in March so it’s my best match there since Everton under Deano (Bailey goal).

Huge respect to Danks, who I’ll admit I thought should’ve gone the other day too (sweet humble pie!). Took the shackles off and picked a sensible formation. Voted Dendoncker MOTM as I thought he did exactly what he needed to which in turn unlocked the sort of performance we know Dougie is capable of. Big shout out to Dougie for the run to defend their breakaway from his own corner late on.

Buendia has been waiting a year to be given that sort of role and he ran the game in the early stages. Ashley Young has taken Digne’s place in the team too! Unbelievable that he’s 37! Great to see Watkins off the wing, he looked more comfortable and put in a good performance which deserved the goal he (eventually!) got. That was the Danny Ings we thought we’d signed too. Also the Leon Bailey we thought we’d signed! 

Just nice to show what we are capable of, especially to all those that thought Gerrard needed more time. Cheers Danksy, UTV

• Like 3

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Pressing and triangles are back at Villa Park!
The Brummie Pep Guardiola Era Begins! 

Yep we were in the ground talking about that.  Something we didn’t see under Gerrard and it made such a difference.

• Like 2

Well Done Aaron. Great job in making a huge difference in so little time. 

Belief and energy all over the pitch, epitomised by Buendia. A skillful individual who works incredibly hard for the team.

Left footed winger playing on the left, genius when he has looked completely hopeless on the other side of the park.

Man of the match, a difficult one but spoilt for choice. For me Dougy edged Ashley Young but lots of contenders. 

Dendonker gave a solid performance and together with Luis gave us a platform to work from, even though Brentford had more possession. Shows it's about the sum of the parts.

Good man management by Danks, making the big call on McGinn & Ramsey and then bringing them late in the game to show they are not binned.

One swallow does not make a summer but it does give us and maybe an incoming manager hope.

UTV.

• Like 1

Â