2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fair play to him.

Get the feeling he might get up to interational break now although I'd prefer it if we still appointed someone this week.

It reminded me years back of McDonald taking over as caretaker after O'Neill walked and we battered West Ham in similar fashion to today. The next game after that though was Newcastle and a massive reality check so same could happen here but we played with vibrancy so after the dross of last six months it was just nice to see us play with the handbrake very much off today.

That is a fair point actually re Mcdonald. Still, I’m delighted with today. Proves to me the players aren’t as crap as we probably thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Darrent bent: "Shame players couldn't play like this for gerrard"

How about talk about the formation/tactical changes. These so called pundits are so annoying.

Hendrie was saying the same BS on my stream. Don’t waste your energy or mental health on listening to such idiots 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fair play to him.

Get the feeling he might get up to interational break now although I'd prefer it if we still appointed someone this week.

It reminded me years back of McDonald taking over as caretaker after O'Neill walked and we battered West Ham in similar fashion to today. The next game after that though was Newcastle and a massive reality check so same could happen here but we played with vibrancy so after the dross of last six months it was just nice to see us play with the handbrake very much off today.

I was thinking exactly the same re the MacDonald situation and Newcastle, fingers crossed history does not repeat 

Great performances all over with the exception of Phil when he came on and slightly average from mcginn too. 

buendia, Ings, Watkins all excellent back 5 solid and extra credit to ash with an incredible performance today. Voted dougie mom but he was helped I thought by how good dendoncker was today. Also said if in the match thread but I have been wanting Bailey on the left for ages and it today showed me why, because he doesn’t have to slow down he can keep driving then deliver on his left foot 

Wow, this reflects so badly on SG: the performance, the result and, above all, the score !  Yikes :s

One of so many good things from today is that if the bees had won they'd have been eight points in front of us and as a result difficult to catch. Instead they're now just two points ahead of us.  : >

Dank played that so well and just the beauty of good player management.

get rid of the ridiculous 4-3-3. We just looked better both directions.

players can play with passion and to their strengths. I had a hard time picking POTM with Bailey, Luiz, Buendia.

Game is secured and Dank uses the subs so strategically both for the game but also player management. Leave McGinn out the whole game you start some dressing room issues. Even though Watkins has more stamina you leave Ings on with the hope of a hat trick. Bring Archer on as 12 minutes for a player that age is a good chunk.

This is the Dankiest weekend I’ve had in a long time. What will I do the rest of the day not muttering under my breath about the game?

woohoo!

Â