2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

What a fantastic contrasting performance to anything that has gone before so far this season! I don't think anyone was expecting to see us go 3-0 up within 15 minutes. I thought the formation and setup was so much more positive, we played with a really high line and were pressuring and harrying their midfield and defence into making a lot of mistakes. Credit to Mings especially and the backline who kept Toney and Mbeumo, 2 decent forwards, very quiet.

It's my 27th Birthday today so this was a fantastic present from the villa. hopefully onwards and upwards here for the rest of the season!

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

5 subs - who'd have thought! Smart move in many ways.

Interesting too.

Coutinho was awful. could be a millstone round our neck for the next 2 years.

McGinn is just not good enough.

But we don't need either of them.

Not much went right for Coutinho, I agree, but McGinn came on and did the simple things well. Both have still got a future under positive leadership. 

• Like 1

Night and day in terms of a performance compared to Thursday. It was noticeable how wide Bailey and Watkins were to start with. It gives our midfield so much more space to work in.

So many players had great games but I thought Luiz was absolutely fantastic in midfield. Him and Dendoncker seemed to win every second ball in the first half. The pressing from the front was fantastic too. Bailey looks so much more comfortable on the left wing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wedge said:

Safety-first Gerrard really did have the shackles on them didn't he?!

Yep such a difference in the way we played, from the press and playing in triangles which we didn’t do under Gerrard.  We played with more width and freedom as well.  

This just showed Gerrard up.  

It was only one game but these players can play well, Gerrard just got it all wrong.  

If we get the right manager this team/squad can be so much better because they have showed it.  

Yes we have problems with the squad but they are so much better than what Gerrard game us.

Gerrard’s media buddies will try to say this is because of Gerrard and shows he should’ve had more time but this showed what we can do when not shackled by Gerrard.  This was an embarrassment for Gerrard imo.  Thank god he’s gone.

Get the right manager and we hopefully can see more of today more often.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Also in the Bailey thread. Cheers!

Oh dear. 110%? What has he gone and done? 

Just keep it calm VT. Go to your happy places. 

• Like 1

Â