2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/22 at 22:59

On 24/10/2022 at 16:15, TomC said:

I don't want to go too far OT, but...

In some ways basketball is similar to football...it's about time and space. I've heard of football managers studying basketball for ideas. The big difference is that basketball lends itself better to set plays. In football, the ball is almost always open to challenge; you have to keep moving or you'll lose the ball, so you can't set things up. In basketball, you can park in one place for a bit, hold the ball, and wait for your teammates to go run some predetermined play. I've heard Englishmen say that basketball seems to lack flow; it's really more a game of sudden cuts.

Of the North American sports, ice hockey is probably closer in feel to football, because again, the puck is always open to challenge and the plays is always on the move. It has some flow to it.

I know almost nothing about basketball, but from a layman's viewpoint the process of scoring in Basketball appears quite similar to  a possession team in football trying to unlock a packed defence. Perhaps there are some crossovers there in terms of movement to try and stretch/unlock defences? Or I could be talking nonsense.  

Â