Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/22 at 22:59

Never saw the game but it seemed to be the same old same old...

Archer should have come on for the last 15mins, I am sure he would have won the game for us. Why doesnt SG play him?

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Frustrating. We were the better team I thought, and after the sending off we dominated - but our lack of cohesion in the final third showed. It's a match that exposed our weakness in making the right chances and in taking them when we do.

We still did more than enough to win it and Leeds will consider themselves lucky. 

Individually I thought Young, Doulas Luiz and Mings did well, Buendia was industrious off the bench and Coutinho had a decent game. Our lack of fullbacks hindered us, Konsa looks uncomfortable there, especially going forward, hopefully Cash is back for our next one.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent throughout, anyone opening a Supersavers in the Leeds area will make a killing.

Shame we did not have a proper RB on the bench.

• Like 1

Dougie was my MOTM, thought he was controlled and excellent on the whole. Pleased for another clean sheet and 3 unbeaten, but it feels like another big missed opportunity to get the win. Buendia was class when he came on; the outside of the right foot passes out to the left, and his strike that so nearly nestled in the top corner; always looking busy as he does as a sub. Coutinho was decent today I thought, that leaning back off the ground volley would have been one hell of a moment but it just wasnt to be for us.

Really frustrated with Ollie again today, ive never known a player to miss so often. Cameron Archer is worth a game or two. What a waste of a goalscorer. He would of bagged at least 2 today if he had the chances Watkins did. 

• Like 1

I know SG will get the blame for a lot of that and I can see why,  but if Ollie  is on it today or we have a top class striker ( and in not including Ings as that as the moment) we win that comfortably 

• Like 1

Horrible football and no result against a poor 10 man Leeds team.
We can just keep on waiting and hoping that something will change while doing the same thing over and over. That seems to be the plan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Not being able to beat a team like Leeds when they played half the game with 10 men is a sackable offence after all the tripe that has gone before.

Not saying he doesn't deserve to be sacked, but it is not happening now. Would've happened during the break, if it was close.

Replace Watkins with an average player and you win that game.

Blame the manager all you like, but Ings has done nothing.

Still try Archer though, although might be too much pressure on a young player

We will only improve when we bring in better players than Watkins and Bailey. Gerrards buys so far have been better than DS's , that is why I would stick with him. 2 good buys in Jan would make all the difference.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Frustrating. We were the better team I thought, and after the sending off we dominated - but our lack of cohesion in the final third showed. It's a match that exposed our weakness in making the right chances and in taking them when we do.

We still did more than enough to win it and Leeds will consider themselves lucky. 

Individually I thought Young, Doulas Luiz and Mings did well, Buendia was industrious off the bench and Coutinho had a decent game. Our lack of fullbacks hindered us, Konsa looks uncomfortable there, especially going forward, hopefully Cash is back for our next one.

Oh, and I thought the referee was excellent throughout, anyone opening a Supersavers in the Leeds area will make a killing.

Agree with all of this. I think having Konsa at right back hindered us enormously going forward in the second half, he was effectively not an overlap at all. Also he missed a header from point blank range from a corner with Meslier in no man's land, which was probably one of the best chances we had. I don't think Guilbert is any good at all but if he's still at the club and registered (is he? I honestly can't remember) then he should be at RB not Konsa. 

I actually thought we were okay in the second half, I certainly felt we were less aimless playing against 10 men than we always were under Smith, but nothing quite came off. We look like a team very low on confidence, and we really need to win the next one. I'd still rather get rid of the manager but there's no chance when he's 'unbeaten in three'. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s very OTT.

8 points from 8 games, I’m not sure it’s OTT.  We played almost a whole half a game against 10 men today whose goalkeeper was flapping and didn’t score.  The lack of quality was there to see.  I’m not sure it’s OTT the reaction.

• Like 4

Our last 2 games are probably the worst the premier league will see this season. God i crave for the free flowing Smith football of this time 2 years ago. 

I know i shouldnt care about what others think of us but the amount of fans saying we are the most boring team in the league is really starting to grate. 

Has Gerrards mandate changed? Is he now here to keep us up by hook or by crook ? 

• Like 2

Â