Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

Just now, CVByrne said:

Very hard to get you play going away to such an good, confident in form team as Arsenal

I agree. If you look at this game in complete isolation then you'd think there's something to work with. When you factor in everything else, it's trash. 

Very poor overall.

1st half they absolutely smashed us and we were so lucky to go in at 1-0.

2nd half we improved (still 2nd best) and apart from the Luiz corner hardly threatened the goal again.

Overall - tactics are a joke and the manager is out of his depth.

Gerrard out.

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Badly let down by two howlers from Emi! 

Howlers? The deflection off Konsa (again) threw him off for the first. The second was from point blank range by a completely unmarked player and he did well to get a hand to it. He was my MOTM.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Decent performance at times, but the score line definitely flatters us.  It could’ve been a lot worse.

Inexperienced manager, slow, aging players such as Ings and Countinho, bad system for the players we have, no willingness to take risks (McGinn should not be starting).

i thought Bailey was impressive and Mings and Luiz essential. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We were very good in the second half. Shame we couldn't hold onto the point. Very good performance in energy levels and effort and some good build up play away to the in form team in the league.

Hopefully more of the same against City

Is there anyone we can call?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We were very good in the second half. Shame we couldn't hold onto the point. Very good performance in energy levels and effort and some good build up play away to the in form team in the league.

Hopefully more of the same against City

We watched different games!

I thought we did well and but for a blunder from Martinez and lack of concentration after scoring we could have got something from the game. Ok Arsenal were much better than us but thats because they are much better. Progress from the crap performance there last season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If we can improve defensively I think Gerrard's innovative new form of attack (scoring only directly from corners) will see us flying up the table. 

To score from corners, first you have to win corners. I can see us going entire matches without us doing that!

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Howlers? The deflection off Konsa (again) threw him off for the first. The second was from point blank range by a completely unmarked player and he did well to get a hand to it. He was my MOTM.

you don't think the first was a mistake?

No doubt another slaughterhouse on here tonight but 10/10 for effort and desire, thought Mings/Konsa played well and really nobody played badly. About as good as I dared hope for and certainly competed as well as any team has against Arsenal this season.

Â