Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Ollie will press as he has shown us in the past, it was a major strength of his. 

It's one of two things, they are not  being told to press ......or they are choosing not to press as individuals.

I suspect Gerrard has lost the players, they are not willing to fight for him or press for him. We don't know what he's like in training but I suspect he's an arrogant person who has no time for failure and its destroyed the team spirit we had. 

I don't think he is arrogant.....he looks the opposite to me....if anything he looks broken.

His persona after the game, was subdued and he answered the questions honestly.

Edited by TRO

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think he is arrogant.....he looks the opposite to me....if anything he looks broken.

His persona after the game, was subdued and he answered the questions honestly.

I agree he does look broken but he's the master of his own , likely, downfall. I know people who have had dealings with him and he wasn't very 'accommodating'. 😬

I concur, he looked like someone who knows time is running out and doesnt know how to turn it around. He was humble and contrite and clearly not used to this predicament, an expectant football club is a heavy load to carry on your shoulders. This only ends one way, I just dont think he knows what to do which should be a back to basics: dropping McGinn and Ramsey, reigning back Digne and Cash and adding some solidity and control to the middle of the park is where it needs to start, but do we have the personnel - if Sanson and Luiz dissapear today we are in a terrible place.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I agree he does look broken but he's the master of his own , likely, downfall. I know people who have had dealings with him and he wasn't very 'accommodating'. 😬

You can't be everybodys friend, in a job like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I concur, he looked like someone who knows time is running out and doesnt know how to turn it around. He was humble and contrite and clearly not used to this predicament, an expectant football club is a heavy load to carry on your shoulders. This only ends one way, I just dont think he knows what to do which should be a back to basics: dropping McGinn and Ramsey, reigning back Digne and Cash and adding some solidity and control to the middle of the park is where it needs to start, but do we have the personnel - if Sanson and Luiz dissapear today we are in a terrible place.

I don't think we have.....not in terms of diversity.

I was gobsmacked when the signings stopped after Kamara......I thought that was just the start.

I still think, despite our keystone cops defending....... we could have shored up after our fortuitous goal....but no, back to type, predictable as ever......its far,far too easy for the opposition, whoever, is is.

• Like 1

Only saw the goals yesterday.

That first one was shameful. Arsenal attacker not challenged at all coming down our right side, who then puts a pass to another Arsenal player inside our 18 yard box who had no one within three yards of him.

Less said about the attempted save the better.

Edited by rjw63
shitty keyboard

On 01/09/2022 at 08:39, nick76 said:

Watkins was always a presser but we’ve all seen that diminish under Gerrard so that must be a tactic by Gerrard.  

Watkins was famous for hassling defenders and being a real pest, that has really reduced.

You can blame the player somewhat but seeing as other players are the same, then it’s a tactical decision so that’s down to Gerrard to press less.

Edited by TRO

Interested to know what you lot thought of your goal, we were raging on our end about Kamara blocking and grabbing Ramsdale especially given the ridiculous protection keepers normally get. 

Luckily Emi remembered his true allegiance a few moments later because that attempt at a save was awful. He wasn't great on the first one either, how's he been doing overall this season?

Edited by HenrysEyebrow
typo

Â