Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

How can anyone in their right mind vote McGinn MOTM, same people that voted Gerrard performance as very good, TROLLS!

We have several bluenoses on the wind up here. I take it as a compliment. I cant imagine any Villa fan bothers to make sock puppet accounts on whatever the hell forum the blues have.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

The second half performance was better (not hard) and may have been acceptable had we been 1-0 up and trying to add to it.  We weren't and therefore it was not fit for purpose.   

I've never bought into the hype over Martinez and I think he could and should have done better for both goals, deflection or not.   

Dullard got the midfield wrong yet again.  If he's meant to be "learning" there is scant evidence of it.

Cash was awful, Digne was arguably worse.  

2-1 was a lot better than I expected and more than we deserved.

The only consolation is it should take us another step nearer to the end of Gerrard's reign.  

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

A stench of death around the club ever since last Sunday.  Things haven't quite gone to plan so far haven't they?

Milner/Grealish, hope history isn't repeating itself.

You think the owners are bailing and thinking of selling up? 

Cash was really poor tonight, both in defence and attack.

He wasn’t the only one under performing but he stood out to me and it was his continued inaction in dealing with martinelli that ultimately cost us the game.

Given that we’re definitely 100% zero question losing on the weekend, and given that’ll be 5 defeats in 6, are we in a relegation battle?

1 more painful game to go before the bin dipper is binned. Hopefully no more than 2 goals worse off by the end of the weekend. 5 losses from 6 is sackable when you factor in last seasons end into it too.

Mcginn and Ramsey again shows just how much of a tool he is 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

No doubt another slaughterhouse on here tonight but 10/10 for effort and desire, thought Mings/Konsa played well and really nobody played badly. About as good as I dared hope for and certainly competed as well as any team has against Arsenal this season.

I sound like a Mings hater, I’m absolutely not, but our CB’s are terrible. They were all over the place, but I also think they are terribly exposed, but that’s no excuse for their basic defensive errors time after time. 

We need to invest a massively in another top CB and #8. Then then the manager has something to work with

Edited by thunderball

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Gerrard didn't acknowledge the traveling support 😕 

Would you walk to the other side of the stadium so that 3000 people can call you a rocket polisher ? Genuine question, because lets be honest, nobody would have clapped him back would they ?

First things first how are some people on here saying we played well…. We know damn well we didn’t play well …. Couldn’t string a bloody pass, no idea, no system, defending was horrific at times, midfield non existent… buendia had a awful game and kamara had his first poor game too tonight im not gonna pretty it up like some people on here kamara did not play that good simple!! … and why the F**KKKKKKK is mcginn starting ahead of Luiz… mcginn should not be playing .. ARCHER! why is he not getting on that pitch JESUS CHRIST !! … we had two 5 minute spells in the second half which looked like a slight improvement on how we was playing but all in all a really poor game. Digne is playing shocking too… watkins and bailey just have zero telepathy between them… i could go on all day tbh

Gerrard please leave my club now thanks for everything. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Very hard to get you play going away to such an good, confident in form team as Arsenal

Maybe he should have got our 'play going' against the newly promoted team who lost 9-0 last week and got their only win against us. 

Maybe he should have got our 'play going' against a side we are expecting to be competing with, yet didn't get near them in our game. 

Maybe he should have got 'our 'play going' against the side who hadn't scored, yet alone won until they played us, again their only win this season. 

We look utterly aimless on the pitch, sadly we are starting to look aimless off it too. 

Gerrard Out. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Cash was really poor tonight, both in defence and attack.

He wasn’t the only one under performing but he stood out to me and it was his continued inaction in dealing with martinelli that ultimately cost us the game.

Given that we’re definitely 100% zero question losing on the weekend, and given that’ll be 5 defeats in 6, are we in a relegation battle?

I thought he was our worst player by  a distance. Offers nothing going forward and i blame him fir the secon goal

Â