Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

I don’t actually think we were that bad that game. They are just much better than us. It’s not games at Emirates than will get Gerrard the sack, it’s the shit we’ve shown in games we should have won. 

Having said that they could have scored a lot more tonight.

Players put a shift in but the lack of tactics and decent organisation is costing us. 

Luiz should be starting next to Kamara, Chambers should be starting next to Mings for starters. 

At least we kept the score down. 

• Like 3

I mean, it was better in terms of intensity and tempo but all of that means nothing when you're all over the shop at the back and can't string a few passes together going forward. I don't really know how this team is trying to score from open play,. 

The system sucks, getting the ball to Digne and for him to swing a hopeful cross may get us about 5 goals a season. no idea what else we're trying to do from open play. 

Gerrard out, still. This narrow shit doesn't work, it's been completely found out.

• Like 3

I'd rather not continue with Gerrard. I've rarely ever expressed desire for us to move on from a manager, opting for silence if I can't muster support.

The pieces we have are just too great and able, to continue with this approach, and at the risk of us losing the players due to poor league standing, and worse, poor football. 

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 4

Same problems as every game. Opened up for fun and then at the opposite end, no through balls, shit crosses, very few chances and zero cutting edge.

We look shaky at the back and are toothless up front. We're getting the results those two problems create.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

A case of Arsenal letting up more than Villa taking reigns.

If you squint, there were positive signs - but until the underlying issues of the narrow formation, the wrong midfield, and the attacking tactic not taking advantage of the attacking players we have are solved - the  ship will continue drifting into the rocks.

• Like 1

Â