Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

Arsenal have been a decent team for a while and to expect us to have the upper hand for a match is not accurate. 

They steamrollered us first half, but we had a better second half. 

Concerned our only tactic to score is direct from a corner. 

Also confusing why we sent Ings and Countinho on at the end and played two up top. Almost looked like a 442. 

The main difference was how short Arsenal's passing was to ours. We go long or down the line far too often. It makes an accurate pass too difficult and turns over the ball so easily.

• Like 3

One from the bottom, Leicester win tomorrow and we're bottom.

Lucky to be in this game, 1st half we was all over the place at the back, crowding lose balls , challenging each other, positionally all over the place. 

Playing the ball out of the back 4 is causing us all sorts of issues and we are ending in a mess when we are pressed. 

We don't pick up any free players when they are running at us , gives the opposition countless opportunities to pass into free players. 

I think we will be bottom come the international break, maybe by a few points as well.

Gerrard was fixed to his seat through out the whole match, he looked distraught, lost. Not sure what to say, I just hope we don't go down.  

• Like 3

Not many new insights tonight was there?

We lack some fluidity and confidence in possession that can be achieved with coaching.

One serious problem is the organization in defence, looked a real mess many times tonight. We could also use two top class centre-backs, not sure we have one.

I also worry about Martinez, granted our current defence puts him in the shit but he’s shaky.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

First half was a joke. Bit better second half. Just a team devoid of direction. Its been so long trying to force a crap system that they dont get now that they must be so fed up and get no enjoyment playing football anymore. Its damning and it has to change.

Pray 4 Poch 

Mings MOTM

Martinez made some good saves but ultimately lost the game with that flap.

Kamara decent again, ball sticks to Bailey like glue when he dribbles but rarely had support.

the gulf in tempo and press was night and day, we need to improve fast under a new boss.

Goodnight

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'd rather not continue with Gerrard. I've rarely ever expressed desire for us to move on from a manager, opting for silence if I can't muster support.

The pieces we have are just too great and able, to continue with this approach, and at the risk of us losing the players due to poor league standing, and worse, poor football. 

I want to know what your voice sounds like.

• Haha 1

No cutting edge. Need at least 2 new players up front. Bailey was good today. First time I've seen him try to defend. Could be a player in there alright. 

Ollie's not good enough. Buendia & Coutinho also not at the level required. McGinn passionate but poor. Ramsey is still raw which is okay, but it's too much for him now.

New midfield. New forward line. Better, ball playing CBs. 

NEW GOALIE. Sorry to say it. Dibi has been off it for a year now.

New manager.

• Haha 1

Tonights game isn't the issue - it was the fact we have lost to poorer teams this season already. 

You judge a manager on results and its not working. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

It doesn't even hurt anymore and I hate that. 

I hate that he's made me hate McGinn. I hate he's made me dread our games, and I hate he's taken away the hope and optimism I had after years of shit.

Bruce, McLeish, Sherwood. I didn't despise any of them the way I do this bloke. Absolutely wrecking everything we worked towards for years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â