Pre match thread

M_Afro

8 hours ago, dubliner said:

Like everyone else I think the manager change is inevitable in the next few weeks.

But I would love to see us somehow get a result and start a turnaround in form that saves SG's job. (Highly unlikely I know)

All I want is a Villa win every game no matter who's in charge.

That being said I think we'll be beaten fairly comfortably 😔

Definitely seems unlikely, but I still feel it’s possible. I don’t care about SG’s job, but I want Villa out of the bottom quarter of the table NOW.

I’ll be at work during the game, so I won’t get to see how it all unfolds. 

I’d like to see Emi, maybe Kamara and Mings really impose their wills on the match and push the flow of the game as a kind of leadership collective. 

I would leave Ings on bench as a substitute. I don’t have much faith in McGinn. He isn’t earning a start either. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Listening to all the Villa podcasts from the WH loss is giving me that angry/anxious sick feeling in my stomach. How quickly its all turned to shite is infuriating. How do you stop caring so much?

I feel for you. It’s bad. It don’t feel fun.

But it’s been much worse. The year after I was born, Villa dropped to Division II and spent a decade there, even scraping against Division III for two seasons. When I got my first Villa scarf, we were in Division II. Anything above that still feels kind of weirdly exciting to me. 

We all experienced 2016-2018. We survived. It’s just football. Sometimes, I gotta remember that.

I live in a country where a mass shooting occurs almost daily. Thousands of Britons are worried about how to pay the heating bills this winter.

It’s still a huge privilege to watch Villa even play badly. I don’t always feel that, but I try to remember that sometimes.

At least you still feel. I’m glad you care too much. I’m glad the people I disagree with care too much, too.

I saw a lot of Man United fans just stop giving a shit last year, and instantly I knew that those were not real supporters. The pain is the price of membership in Villaworld, right? 

This season has just begun. We are 15th. It’s one match at a time.  I think the organization will somehow get its shit together, and we’ll wring at least 36 points from this campaign.

Up the Villa!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know it won't happen, but my dream team tonight would be

Martinez

Cash  Chambers mings (C) digne

Sanson  kamara  Luiz

Bailey  ings   buendia

Manager : Doris the tea lady 🙏

I thoroughly beleive Doris still has the respect of the dressing room, and the boys would play well for her

Edited by Kbdrum88
  • Like 1

3 or 4-0 to them tonight. 

I've seen nothing, nothing at all, in our 4 games to suggest we even lay a glove on these lot. It'll be like a training match for them, waltz through our 2-1-5 (all down the left) -2 formation and let Jesus fill his boots. 

Only positive is another nail into Gerrard's coffin. 

The funny thing about this game is if another team was on the run we're on and were about to play Arsenal it would be typical of Arsenal to somehow manage to lose the game, as that's what they seem to do, go on good runs and then randomly go and lose to some lesser team.

I remember last season they were in brilliant form but then out of nowhere lost to Palace, Brighton, and Southampton in consecutive games, which was annoying as we were trying to finish above those teams, but seemed typical of Arsenal.

But because it's us I'm not expecting Arsenal to slip up, in fact I wouldln't be surprised if we're on the end of an heavy defeat

• Like 3

It's been a long time since I've been as unexcited for a Villa match...

I'll be surprised if we manage to keep it still relatively competitive after 20 minutes.

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

3 or 4-0 to them tonight. 

I've seen nothing, nothing at all, in our 4 games to suggest we even lay a glove on these lot. It'll be like a training match for them, waltz through our 2-1-5 (all down the left) -2 formation and let Jesus fill his boots. 

Only positive is another nail into Gerrard's coffin. 

10 extra points for mentioning Jesus and Nails in one post.

Arkwrights?

• Haha 1