Pre match thread

M_Afro

---------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Cash--------Chambers--------Mings--------Digne

---------------------------Kamara----------------------------

----Bailey-----Buendia-------Luiz -------Watkins----

--------------------------Archer----------------------------

With Ings as a sub for Archer and Coutinho for Buendia?

I don’t want this game to come around to be honest as I’m a little dispirited and disinterested. It has a real air of inevitability about it, whether it be a real thumping or a narrow defeat. A loss is a loss and I expect nothing more from the next two games and that is depressing. We should be able to give anyone a really good game but right now we’re a car crash every single time we go out on the pitch.

Right, I know the team below won’t be anywhere near the team we see but it’s what I would go with for damage limitation:

Martinez

Konsa    Chambers    Mings            

Cash                                                                 Digne

Kamara                     Luiz

Buendia

Bailey                     Watkins                

Subs:  Olsen, Augustinsson, Young, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Archer, Ings

• Like 2

Worrying. 

Aston Villa have lost eight of their last eleven Premier League games against Arsenal (W3), including both meetings against them last season. Those three wins all came consecutively between July 2020 and February 2021 under Dean Smith.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If it's bad on Wednesday night I could see him gone on Thursday.

I fear an almighty thrashing… especially if Mings is still out (whatever the real reason may be. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s a falling out with SG. “Illness” may well be just another smokescreen… who knows?).

I honestly can’t see any way or any time in which/when the manager will be turning this around, improving or changing anything… this is bordering on self harm now…

It’s so grim and unpleasant, especially for us fans… sad to see this season go to waste and for us to keep entertaining this joker… I can’t believe we’ve allowed this to happen… it’s the first genuinely bad or “down” time since NSWE arrived…

what an atrocious appointment…

• Like 2

I can see some flukey miraculous 0-0 draw giving Gerrard even more time to really destroy our season. 

It's the worst possible outcome for me.

I'd happily take a win, as we desperately need to make up for the points we've not got in recent games. But I think an expected loss here and against City and he's gone, so I'm OK with those results too.

Seems management want to give him just enough rope to fully hang himself on,  so guess we'll see if miracles happen and Gerrard picks a logical team

1 hour ago, Villa Gaffa said:

We need a Miracle to win this game !

Miracles happen.  Less than a year ago, Arteta had spent £150m on transfers that seemed not to have paid off and was facing the sack.  My how things have changed ...

Arsenal have been urged to sack Mikel Arteta in order to attract better quality players to the club, with two big names tipped to replace the Spaniard.

The Gunners spent a whopping £150million on new talent over the summer, adding players to their ranks – but Stan Collymore believes they will still struggle to reach the top four while Arteta remains in charge at The Emirates.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Could we see the 9-0 barrier broken? A humiliation would get him out more quickly but I'd be concerned about the impact to the players. Unless of course they downed tools to get rid of the toxic clueless golden boy.

Edited by kevpants