Pre match thread

M_Afro

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Listening to all the Villa podcasts from the WH loss is giving me that angry/anxious sick feeling in my stomach. How quickly its all turned to shite is infuriating. How do you stop caring so much?

I dont think fans have stopped caring, quite the opposite, its because I care that I am so unhappy. If fans were unhappy but didnt voice any anger then thats not caring. Loyal fans dont roll over and keep quiet while their beloved team is being mismanaged.

For me, this game, and the next game, kind of have the feel of Deano's 5 game losing run, tbh this season has had that general feel so far, just lurching from car crash to car crash.

I dont want to watch, but i cant help but watch as its almost interesting to see just how bad we can be, how flustered we can be, how many panic stations and mis-kicks we can do, how many times we can go full chicken head moments.

Its got to the point that im not even mad, i just want it to be over.

Its got the feeling of being close to the end right now.

Gerrard will not be sacked if there are promising signs against Arsenal & Man City and narrow defeats. He will be given Leicester & Southampton, then sacked before the international break, if those ties do not go well. Heavy defeats would make it sooner.

3 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Apart from the 2015 FA Cup final, one of my most depressing Villa v Arsenal memories has to be the home game in 2014. I went to Villa Park that day so full of hope and had the most delicious pre match balti pie. Was row 1, great view, great mood…then Arsenal went 3-0 within 36 minutes and I’d never felt so deflated. Can’t see tonight being much different in the levels of deflation sadly. 

Nah, because there is no expectation for tonight. We all expect to lose somewhere between 2-0 and 6-0.   If we manage to lose 1-0 or scrape a lucky 0-0 then we'll have beaten all expectations. 

Just enjoy it either way - a win or draw and happy that we've got some points.  A loss and happy that Gerrard is one step closer to the door. 

We can't lose as fans in a game like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Nah, because there is no expectation for tonight. We all expect to lose somewhere between 2-0 and 6-0.   If we manage to lose 1-0 or scrape a lucky 0-0 then we'll have beaten all expectations. 

Just enjoy it either way - a win or draw and happy that we've got some points.  A loss and happy that Gerrard is one step closer to the door. 

We can't lose as fans in a game like this.

I never want us to lose to be fair, it’s my base line for football support. If the team wins that’s mission accomplished, and everything else has to fit around that for me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I never want us to lose to be fair, it’s my base line for football support. If the team wins that’s mission accomplished, and everything else has to fit around that for me

Yeah, I'm not saying we want to lose... i was just saying that if we end up losing then don't get too upset because it has other longer term benefits.

• Like 1