Pre match thread

M_Afro

Like everyone else I think the manager change is inevitable in the next few weeks.

But I would love to see us somehow get a result and start a turnaround in form that saves SG's job. (Highly unlikely I know)

All I want is a Villa win every game no matter who's in charge.

That being said I think we'll be beaten fairly comfortably 😔

• Like 3

The consolation about tomorrow night is that it should put Gerrard closer to the trap door, if not through it yet. I fully expect Arsenal to give us a proper bumming given their form - and ours.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think a midfield of Kamara, McGinn and Ramsey all playing for a full 90 mins would be perfect. Obviously with Coutinho, Ings and Watkins attacking.  

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

A bit optimistic to think we will get the ball in the Arsenal half though

On 29/08/2022 at 15:52, VillaParkAvenue said:

We were routinely beating Arsenal a little over a year ago. Three times straight without even conceding. How things change eh

All BCD. Gone back to losing comfortably to them since crowds returned.

I could see them doing us 4-0 if they get an early goal. Rapid front 4 all interchanging positions is going to tie our backline in knots especially with the space we're going to leave Martinelli and Saka to run into.

No idea on team with all the transfers rumours swirling either.

13 minutes ago, Podster said:

A bit optimistic to think we will get the ball in the Arsenal half though

Why do we need the ball? Just send Digne and Cash running forward without the ball and leave 2 defenders behind to keep Arsenal from scoring. 

• Haha 1