Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Perhaps! 

We had agreed a £27m fee +£3m add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause and our most promising Striker and a decent CB on loan for him.

We'd done all this within 30 minutes of getting whopped out by Palace. We've pulled out because it went public and smirched Purslows PR record imo, not because Watford may have asked for another couple of £m

There is some crazy stuff in this last sentence, which suggests you have no idea about how the transfer market works, but it’s not worth unpicking because for all you say, you still haven’t shown any sense in which the club was “desperate” in this transaction.

Edited by briny_ear

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The over reactions in this thread are weird

What's weird is pretending that there's nothing weird about this deal. Been a strange one from the start as he's not what we need. I rate him as a player but why are we suddenly prioritizing a winger over CM, striker, or even a CB? 

And the manner in which it's fallen apart, very strange. As others have queried, if Gerrard and the recruitment team (presumably that means Lange and his scouts) had reservations, who made the bid and agreed the deal?

V weird indeed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Where to start

We have in the last hour loabed out an 18 million player and wont be recoupung anything. We signed a 25 million left back who was 2nd choice at Everton as Rafa saw through him

We have spent about 200 million in the last season and a half and the players cant even pass the ball to each other

Chelsea purchased a striker for £100m last season and loaned him out the very next, your point is?

All clubs have transfer nightmares, we have our fair share but its on the manager to get the best out of our crop of undoubtedly talented players. 

The bit about Rafa "seeing right through him" is total sack though, the guys a fat cardboard merchant who was past it in 2008. 

• Like 1

❌️ While he had successfully passed his medical examination and was due to sign his contract today, Ismaïla Sarr's 🇸🇳 deal at Aston Villa is, at time T, completely frozen. Disagreements arose between the two parties.

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s a good player so of course I’d be sad if he didn’t sign. Equally, we aren’t going to accept unfair demands of clubs or players. 

Yesh hes good but we need to sign players that we NEED 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Chelsea purchased a striker for £100m last season and loaned him out the very next, your point is?

All clubs have transfer nightmares, we have our fair share but its on the manager to get the best out of our crop of undoubtedly talented players. 

The bit about Rafa "seeing right through him" is total sack though, the guys a fat cardboard merchant who was past it in 2008. 

You're acting like that's not one of the biggest transfer disasters they've ever made, next to Shevchenko.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If true, sounds like the club did the right thing.

I think they need to fire Gerrard, I think buying a right winger is bizarre when we don’t play with wingers and have other priority positions but in this isolated incident if the above quote is true then this is nothing bad against the club or Gerrard, it’s just the deal doesn’t look like happening because we are currently too far apart on terms.  That’s life! Nobody did anything wrong or embarrassed themselves.

To be fair Nick, winger in a winger isn't necessarily at the expense of the other positions we need. New players don't always walk through the door in order of the priority to Aston Villa.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

"Oh dear" indeed. 

I suggest calling Ismail Sarr "Izzy" and you unnecessarily push an attitude on me, just like the last time I had the displeasure of your attention. 

Please leave me alone.

If you want me to leave you alone, stop responding 😂

Just now, est1874 said:

You're acting like that's not one of the biggest transfer disasters they've ever made, next to Shevchenko.

My point is even the biggest clubs make transfer **** ups of the highest degree. I think our business in the last two years has generally been pretty good. 

The manager has to actually get them playing in a system that works however. 

Aston Villa ownership halted the proposed transfer of Sarr after negotiations with Watford for the last couple of weeks.

The owners took the decision after an emergency board meeting on Sunday where team performances were analysed and discussed.  Steven Gerrard will now be relieved of his duties and the search for his successor will begin.

giphy.gif

Edited by nick76

Â