Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

On 23/08/2022 at 10:51, lexicon said:

People would accept the ego of those coaches, especially Fergie, because they could back up their arrogance with evidence of success at the highest level. Being difficult to work with is not a good thing, though, and has to be balanced with something else.

Fergie took his time to get things his own way...he could only back up the arrogance, when he was winning.

Times have changed, I know.....but managers have to show the necessary steel to lead.....that doesn't change, in time.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Fergie took his time to get things his own way...he could only back up the arrogance, when he was winning.

Times have changed, I know.....but managers have to show the necessary steel to lead.....that doesn't change, in time.

That has nothing to do with arrogance. Besides, arrogance is a character flaw - it's not the reason people win trophies or achieve success and if anything, it's more a barrier to those things. 

50 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That has nothing to do with arrogance. Besides, arrogance is a character flaw - it's not the reason people win trophies or achieve success and if anything, it's more a barrier to those things. 

Although arrogance has many draw backs and could be considered a flaw, it is alson present in many people who succeed or are successful.

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Although arrogance has many draw backs and could be considered a flaw, it is alson present in many people who succeed or are successful.

It's definitely a flaw - has been the downfall of many. 

16 hours ago, lexicon said:

It was you who mentioned arrogance initially and backing it up with success, as more acceptable, not me, I just responded to your point......... I agree, not an endearing trait, or an attribute of discern.

15 hours ago, lexicon said:

It's definitely a flaw - has been the downfall of many. 

being too humble can too, attracts bully's.....extremes are never the best medicine.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

being too humble can too, attracts bully's.....extremes are never the best medicine.

I agree. Ideally you want someone who is humble and confident IMO.

• Like 1

Â