Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Including Archer and Hause and Sarr asking for too much in personal terms. Probably just too complicated and us walking away makes sense.

Sarr wants to leave and Watford want to sell so someone will sign him. 

None of the Hause and Archer talk makes sense. Why would they suddenly be part of the deal when fee + adding was already agreed with Watford?

This is down to player negotiations.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

None of the Hause and Archer talk makes sense. Why would they suddenly be part of the deal when fee + adding was already agreed with Watford?

This is down to player negotiations.

They could have asked for that late in negotiations. A tactic 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Like Arsenal and Southampton did in previous windows. We are a bit of a laughing stock about how we are run with some of these deals

Are we though? Cant think of many deals that have collapsed under this ownership.

Why would they want archer as well when they have davis? I have a suspicion this could be part of the problem. How game tine would both get at same club.

Dont think they would have cared about hause going tbh

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s quite telling that people are quick to blame the club but not the possible demands of Watford or Sarr. 

This is true to be fair.

At least off the pitch, we know that teams usually commend usnfor the way we do business.

People are allowing their frustrations with team and Management to cloud everything.

Admittedly though, this was like dangling a carrot in front of fans searching for some sort of positive news ( Even if most felt we never needed him anyway ) only for news to be negative again. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

They could have asked for that late in negotiations. A tactic 

I’ve wondered if they’ve agreed a deal and then realised we’re in a bit of a mess and thought they could exploit us to get more. If that was the case, I’d fully support Villa in pulling out.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is true to be fair.

At least if the pitch, we know that teams usually commend usnfor the way we do business.

People are allowing their frustrations with team and Management to cloud everything.

Admittedly though, this was like dangling a carrot in front of fans searching for some sort of positive news ( Even if most felt we never needed him anyway ) only for news to be negative again. Lol

I think that’s fair. I’m also tired of the toxic negativity on here. I will admit the Sarr deal is super random. I’m encouraged that we can move on targets so quickly and that we won’t be taken for fools in negotiations. Timing I agree is odd. Especially after the manner of the Palace defeat. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

click

hmm sounds like watford or the players representatives were being very unrealistic and we weren't having it  

Maybe the good lord had a word with Sarr overnight and told him he deserves to be annointed with more abundance.

Or " playing time "... As we sometimes call it 👀

13 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Shambles this turned into

To be fair, this must happen more often than we realise with all clubs - it's just that we don't always get to hear about it. Not all deals get concluded, so hardly a shambles. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ismailia Sarr’s move to Aston Villa has collapsed. A host of stumbling blocks meant Villa have withdrawn from negotiations.

Agreement was reached with Watford on Saturday for a fee worth more than £25m with add-ons, and Sarr was due to undergo a medical in Birmingham today.

But problems emerged when the two sides began to discuss the details of the deal, which included the possibility of Cameron Archer or Kortney Hause joining Watford on loan.

Sky Sports News has been told that Steven Gerrard - and Villa’s bosses - had growing reservations over the deal, and have walked away.

Sarr was not in the Watford squad for Saturday's match at Preston North End, though Watford manager Rob Edwards said he was left out because of injury.

click

hmm sounds like watford or the players representatives were being very unrealistic and we weren't having it  

If true, sounds like the club did the right thing.

I think they need to fire Gerrard, I think buying a right winger is bizarre when we don’t play with wingers and have other priority positions but in this isolated incident if the above quote is true then this is nothing bad against the club or Gerrard, it’s just the deal doesn’t look like happening because we are currently too far apart on terms.  That’s life! Nobody did anything wrong or embarrassed themselves.

• Thanks 1

Â