Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Percy now saying deal off - issues over Sarr’s personal requirements. Perhaps we can now get onto the more important need for a quality CM.

Not just his requirements though was it. Overall structure of deal was an issue as well. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think so. I think Percy gets his info from the club. 

I don’t doubt we’ve confirmed a deal was potentially happening but I bet this only happened because it was leaked by Watford or his agent first. As I said previously, I think we’ve been used to encourage other bids. 

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Pity this one looks like it’s off. I suppose all those saying he’s not what we need will be happy? 

All depends. As others have pointed out the rumour was that Gerrard didn't want him and Lange did so this personal terms could all be a smoke screen and all is not right.

The deal never made sense, the leak was bizarre and it's not how we do business all does not seem right at the minute. I'm scared we are going to absolute push the panic button and give Gerrard another "proper man" and a 30 year old because apparently coaching people is beyond him.

As for the rumours Gerrard has put the brakes on this - that is also worrying - because Gerrard should not be dictating anything regards to transfers, even if he does have a point.

Edited by rodders0223

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Not just his requirements though was it. Overall structure of deal was an issue as well. 

True but “overall structure” was undefined so open to interpretation. The personal terms issue was mentioned specifically so does anyone really think that Sarr’s terms were secondary?

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

All depends. As others have pointed out the rumour was that Gerrard didn't want him and Lange did so this personal terms could all be a smoke screen and all is not right.

The deal never made sense, the leak was bizarre and it's not how we do business all does not seem right at the minute. I'm scared we are going to absolute push the panic button.

As for the rumours Gerrard has put the brakes on this - that is also worrying - because Gerrard should not be dictating anything regards to transfers, even if he does have a point.

To be fair, I'd agree with Gerrard on this, IF the case is that he wants a CM/CDM or CB more.

However I suspect there may be other shenanigans at play here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I don't mind that this has fallen through simply because it's not a priority position we need to be looking at. Under a different manager he would be a handy player to have though. Useless signing under Stevie tho. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â