Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

I don't see how this is the fault of either SG or Villa. More likely the player/his agent never really wanted to sign for us and was hoping to flush out a bid from another club (possibly in London). Apparently talks had not yet been held between Villa and the player, so the deal was not really too near completion when the move was "leaked". Perhaps, a deal had been agreed between the two clubs more quickly than had been anticipated and making unrealistic wage demands, was a way of making the deal go away or more palatable for the player/agent. I don't blame SG for pulling out of the deal, if he could see the player didn't really want to join our club and that his heart was not in a move to B6. We might not know ever/or for a long time, why this proposed deal fizzled out, but I think the player/agent won't be losing any sleep about this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John said:

I don't see how this is the fault of either SG or Villa. More likely the player/his agent never really wanted to sign for us and was hoping to flush out a bid from another club (possibly in London). Apparently talks had not yet been held between Villa and the player, so the deal was not really too near completion when the move was "leaked". Perhaps, a deal had been agreed between the two clubs more quickly than had been anticipated and making unrealistic wage demands, was a way of making the deal go away or more palatable for the player/agent. I don't blame SG for pulling out of the deal, if he could see the player didn't really want to join our club and that his heart was not in a move to B6. We might not know ever/or for a long time, why this proposed deal fizzled out, but I think the player/agent won't be losing any sleep about this. 

Sky saying Watford wanted Hause and Archer as part of the deal. Maybe there was a miscommunication on which direction the 25m was going 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying Watford wanted Hause and Archer as part of the deal. Maybe there was a miscommunication on which direction the 25m was going 😀

Yeah sounds like they wanted Archer if Sarr left. But they can't loan 3 of our players can they? So a fee would have to be agreed for Hause to be sold to them if Archer was to go on loan too. 

Plus sounds like Sarr personal terms were also a factor. Just seems too complicated a deal so no wonder it fell through. Maybe we feel they'll be open to a more simple deal near deadline day or in January.

Player and club both want a move for him. 

• Like 1

Being reported by Athletic Sarr personal terms couldn't be agreed so we withdrew from the deal. 

I can't imagine personal terms weren't close before our bid was accepted. So these rumours that Sarr upped his demand from what his agent had agreed with us might be true 

This thread has been very funny. 

First half of the thread has been moaning about Gerrard saying we shouldn't sign Sarr

Second half is moaning about how we are an embarrassment not buying Sarr

The 'NSWE won't spend any money or back Gerrard' appear to be kicked to touch

It will be more fun if Sarr signs for Palace and the meltdown on here that we missed a great opportunity

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Being reported by Athletic Sarr personal terms couldn't be agreed so we withdrew from the deal. 

I can't imagine personal terms weren't close before our bid was accepted. So these rumours that Sarr upped his demand from what his agent had agreed with us might be true 

If true, then fair play to the club for walking. Can we compare ourselves to City with Cucurella?

Â