Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

What we could do, and I know it’s a bit of a change, but we could actually try giving support to someone who hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet perhaps?

Some people are acting like he is single-handedly to blame for all of Southampton's defeats and goals conceded?

Lets give him a chance first eh? New club, new surroundings, a change may be what he has needed to rediscover his form that made him a decent PL defender in the first place. 

What an absolutely brilliant post. Unfortunately it will never happen, too many of our fans will see to that. We always deserve better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think he will be as bad a signing as some think

Looks a warrior die for the shirt type. Like those kind of cbs 

Also just looking at his first training session and how much he’s loving it. I have a good feeling about this. I don’t think he’ll become a world class centre back but he won’t be a bad signing at all. I bet we are calling on them to make it permanent next summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Neil from For the Love of Paul McGrath did his usual stat sheets and comparisons to our players.

His defensive stats are better than all our current defenders ( Outside of Carlos ) so I'm tryin to figure out what the mini meltdown was actually based on, as someone who never knew much about him.

As a matter of fact, even some of Dendonkers defensive stats are better than our current CBs ffs 😂

The mini meltdown is probably a couple things. Mainly he’s not some exotic sounding foreign player from Europe that people YouTube scout. He’s also been a part of a Southampton team that gives away a shit ton of goals. So that one I understand more.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If he performs like that mings wont be in the team for much longer

Why would Mings be dropped?

Also the video is mainly last gasp defending, which looks better tham2it actually is

• Like 1

He could

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why not alongside Ming's?

play alongside mings but we know what mings and konsa are like. Both mistake ridden. They could both be dropped for chambers 

I think mings was at fault fir the 2nd goal against arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I never realised that Hassenhuttl actually plays a narrow formation as well 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 with similar ethos to SG.

Hence why they get destroyed every now and then 🤦🏿‍♂️.

At least Jan will have an idea of how it works? Hopefully not the destruction part.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He could

play alongside mings but we know what mings and konsa are like. Both mistake ridden. They could both be dropped for chambers 

I think mings was at fault fir the 2nd goal against arsenal.

Konsa was at fault for the first goal to.  Is Bednarek a left sided CB?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I never realised that Hassenhuttl actually plays a narrow formation as well 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 with similar ethos to SG.

At least Jan will have an idea of how it works? Hopefully not the destruction part.

Yes but they actually press the opposition with some degree of organisation. I think he’s a decent coach that’s managed to keep Southampton a mid table side with very little to work with.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Jan has been dropped the last 4/5 games. He probably wont want Hassnhuttl to be coming in

Â