Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Guessing this one’s driven by the stats department and I’m looking forward like with Chambers to be pleasantly surprised hopefully. 

This just screams “challenging for a European place”

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Hause wasn’t exactly a midget.

Wasn't an established international defender either, that had attracted attention from a few teams. 

He's a step up from Hause.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

unsure if noggin head will start them, but i like the potential of Mings/Bednarek/Dendoncker in a DC/DM triangle, when was the last time we had 2 x 6ft 2in & 1 x 6ft 4in guys in the defensive core of our team?

It adds a lot more physicality, ariel power etc, which tbh was one of our biggest weaknesses.

But that Mings-Bednarek-Dendoncker triangle becomes quite scary if you throw in a ball there somewhere 🥺

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

There's a reason why Hause is on loan in the championship. Show some respect to our new Polish giant.

There is a reason Southampton have shipped him out on loan as well and it’s not a good reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Perphaps, tin foil hat time I know, we signed him simply on a loan deal because Diego will be back in Jan and we need a stop gap with league and international experience. Shocking, I know.

Sounds far too logical for our basketcase of a club at the moment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But that Mings-Bednarek-Dendoncker triangle becomes quite scary if you throw in a ball there somewhere 🥺

maybe they will just eat it.

edit: can it actually be any worse than what happens right now when you throw a ball in there?, not sure it could be much worse......

Edited by MaVilla

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Perphaps, tin foil hat time I know, we signed him simply on a loan deal because Diego will be back in Jan and we need a stop gap with league and international experience. Shocking, I know.

January? Don’t think even Gerrard has suggested a return that early. Or has he?

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

January? Don’t think even Gerrard has suggested a return that early. Or has he?

Probably overly ambitious but he will be back towards the end of that month or Feb assuming the rehab goes well

Just now, The_Steve said:

Bro, once Diego is back who do you think is starting? C'mon, stop trying to pick holes in a loan deal

It depends when Carlos is back, and is he back straight away, will there be issues which can occur.

Anyway forgetting that Bednarek isn’t worth it, he’s not as good as either Chambers or Konsa and that’s saying something, yet he going to be starting.  Just a joke and likely for half of our season which we are already 19th after 5 games.  Bringing in Bednarek and Dendoncker who are very likely to be starting XI is weakening a team already struggling.  We needed re enforcement to get out of this mess, instead we have weakened our starting XI further. Bad day at the office

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Frankly, signing a 3rd/4th choice CB with over 100 Premier League appearances and 40+ international caps on loan as short term cover for our star CB signing's 6-9 month injury is all the proof I need to tell me that everyone from manager level up is trying to burn down the club.

If we look at how the player is rated at his home club and count PL appearances and international caps, it’s a bit like getting Trezeguet on loan to cover for an injury on Bailey. Not glamorous but ok.

Â