Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

On 20/08/2022 at 14:55, Dillon66 said:

Their fans are absolutely peeing themselves laughing at the prospect of us signing Bednarek.....think they see it as karma for nicking Ings off them.

if southampton signed mings there would be a fair few villa fans peeing themselves at that too. i tend not to read too much into what fans of other teams think

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

putting my neck on the line to say that this is going to be nowhere near the disaster everyone thinks it is

proven PL CB, and will help Cash too lining up with a polish team mate

Me too. He will end up playing alongside Mings. However some fans will never give him a chance and will be waiting for his first bad game to attack. 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its not a disaster. Its just pointless.

It’s not pointless if he turns out to be better than Chambers and Konsa. Which I think he will. It also may help the latter up his game due to the extra competition. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Moyes normally gets it right with centre halves so if he was on for him then he may not be so bad.  Many would have been upset if we had signed Dawson and he has done well for them.  I see it as a similar signing. He’s a very capable Premier League defender. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not pointless if he turns out to be better than Chambers and Konsa. Which I think he will. It also may help the latter up his game due to the extra competition. 

That's my point. I don't think he is much better if at all. Chambers should be playing alongside Mings.

He may not be the world class centre back we want but to suggest he's no better than Hause is mental. 

Thats just purely an agenda against the manager. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That's my point. I don't think he is much better if at all. Chambers should be playing alongside Mings.

Only time will tell but I think he is better than Konsa and Chambers.  But then I actually think Konsa is better than Chambers, he is just struggling with form. 

Id like us to sign better but I’m also content with this signing. I think he might surprise a few people.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

He may not be the world class centre back we want but to suggest he's no better than Hause is mental. 

Thats just purely an agenda against the manager. 

Nah I don’t think it’s about the manager in regards to Hause. Our players that never play are always over hyped. Look at Davis and Sanson. 

I cannot believe he's coming here to not play.

He's started three of their four games this season and there's a world cup coming up.

If he's coming, he's getting the old Stevie-Coutinho come and shine before the world cup promise. Hopefully this one goes well.

On 19/08/2022 at 20:30, VillaParkAvenue said:

At Saints forums they expect 15m. But they also seem happy to give him away if that was the case.

You realise that you can’t pay any attention to what fans on forums say…..don’t you? 😉

• Like 2

Â