Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

putting my neck on the line to say that this is going to be nowhere near the disaster everyone thinks it is

proven PL CB, and will help Cash too lining up with a polish team mate

Just because you've been shite in the PL for x amount of years doesn't mean your proven.

Proven maybe to be bang average at best 

Absolutely pointless signing but he'd another experience head the manager doesn't need to coach or improve so there is that.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is there any centre halves out there right now with over 100 Premier League appearances that you would consider ‘crap’ and wouldn’t improve us. Genuine question. 

apart from Bednerak of course.

I think Michael Keane is crap and wouldn’t improve us.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too. He will end up playing alongside Mings. However some fans will never give him a chance and will be waiting for his first bad game to attack. 

yeah this is my worry. but at least they're focusing their efforts on a loan player than mings

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is there any centre halves out there right now with over 100 Premier League appearances that you would consider ‘crap’ and wouldn’t improve us. Genuine question. 

Ciaran Clark

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Would like a loan with an option.

loan with an option is win win for us. i'm always surprised selling clubs agree to it because if the option wasn't there and they do brilliantly then they can haggle a larger fee

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

loan with an option is win win for us. i'm always surprised selling clubs agree to it because if the option wasn't there and they do brilliantly then they can haggle a larger fee

Maybe you pay a larger loan fee up front or more of the wages. Makes it financially more attractive for the owning club up front so they don’t feel they’ve lost out if player is a real success and then bought as a bargain. 
I suppose the reverse scenario for us would be Targett at Newcastle.

32 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I would’ve preferred Diallo personally, but if this is who the club wants to fill in then I’ll get behind him. I’ll judge him as the season goes on but I have a feeling he’s not going to be near as bad as people think.

It’s not even the fact he’s going to be bad, he’s not better than what we have already. He might come in and look a decent centre back but we don’t need a decent centre back. We need someone who’s an improvement on konsa and chambers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

He is a sensible solution to an unplanned problem. Can't just go dropping £30m on a temporary replacement player. The future still remains Diego carlos

The future is at least two really good centre backs to begin with. Even if Carlos does return to his former level there is room for improvement.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good names above in Keane and Clark. You can throw in Mason Holgate as well. Phil Jones, Steve Cook, Conor Coady, James Tomkins, Jamaal Lascelles, Shane Duffy.

Joe Rodon was one I wouldn't have minded on loan before he went off to Rennes. I think there's potentially a decent player there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Keane, Phil Jones, Slab Head :D

Id actually take Slab head. He ain't got enough for United but would be for us. Jones is finished. Keane is ok.

Bednerak will do alright. Trust me.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Id actually take Slab head. He ain't got enough for United but would be for us. Jones is finished. Keane is ok.

Bednerak will do alright. Trust me.

Yeah I think he'll do alright too. Just a lot of money and salary for alright. Alright get's you 15th to 11th

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I think he'll do alright too. Just a lot of money and salary for alright. Alright get's you 15th to 11th

I guess but 15m is peanuts these days.  I’d rather we sign someone better than Bednerak but rather we signed Bednerak than nobody. Going in to the season with only Mings, Konsa and Chambers is very dangerous. 

Â